• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Delta vs. Tornado??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I split the truck stuff out. So if you referred to it, you might want to edit your posts for continuity. Then again, you might not.

nihili

i was wondering if i replaced the smart fan on my V9 with a vantec tornado or the delta would i get better performance than just the smart fan. any suggestions? or...like some peeps on this forum, get the ax-7 with one of those suggested fans.
me confused.

it depends. sometime it helps....heatsinks are built for certian things sometimes...

anyway..how much did it quite your fan down??

~Will

i have a plasic grate on my delta..and i am wondering if i take it off if my box will run quiter?

It's a fine line between performance and decibles. I take cooling over db's so I went the Tornado route. That things blows hellish air flow!

Thinking about replacing all my case fans with Tornados. If ya believe that I got some beach front property in Arizona.

They have noise pollution laws ya know.:D

yer_huckleberry said:
It's a fine line between performance and decibles. I take cooling over db's so I went the Tornado route. That things blows hellish air flow!

Thinking about replacing all my case fans with Tornados. If ya believe that I got some beach front property in Arizona.

They have noise pollution laws ya know.:D

that is the thing with me though. i don't care about the noise. my wife thinks it is funny how loud the fans are. i have 2 systems running in a solarium type of room and the sliding door is always open. when we watch a movie or something we have to close the door cause of all those fans running at once makes hella noise. i think i might try going the tornado route as well. the 80mm is rated at 84.1CFM. replace all case fans with tornados? hmm. interesting. don't get me started. i will replaced the smart fan with the tornado first! :D

willlangford said:
do the tornados have the winning sound like a delta...or do they get priity quite when u use a rehostat to slow them down??

~Will

Mine does not whine, unlike my Deltas :D

But I think the noise is actually a bit louder.

MUCH less annoying though: without that "scream" of the high rpm Deltas, my Tornado seems calm.:)

Back