• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI Lanparty NF4 SLi-DR - whats the fastest memory?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

enkrypt3d

Registered
I want to find the fastest memory for this board since it supports the 4 volt memory feature... Currently running 4 x 512MB sticks at DDR400 333Mhz... Would I be able to use DDR667 or higher if I overclock the motherboard? Thanks!

I think the highest I've ever seen DDR RAM is DDR-600, and that's very expensive.

You're not thinking about DDR2-667 are you? You cannot use DDR2 RAM in a DDR motherboard ...

for this board since it supports the 4 volt memory feature...

The way forums archive stuff and now that i am going thru and deleting all emails from the time i worked for DFI, all I have is my aging memory to rely upon.

That 4.0V feature in the real world of users, was quickly abandoned due to problems with dying ram. If you were able to find and afford even the Corsair DDR550 ram, I would hardly use the 4.0V feature on that high-priced and nearly extinct ram set.

I have not even seen any of that fast/fasted DDR ram on ebay in a few years. I may have overlooked it but that fast DDR stuff has dried up long ago in full retail land. I will only say again that I would not risk any high dollar and nigh extinct ram on that 4.0V ram jumper setting.

DDR-600 RAM was mainly based on Samsung TCCD and this IC was rated for no more than 3.0V.
You can use 3.5-4V almost only on Winbond IC ( BH5/6, CH5/6 and some others ) and that's generally only for benching or, as RGone already said , you risk burning your RAM ( and it's quite high chance ).

I concur with both RGone and Woomack. Don't even bother with trying to find any let alone using any IF you find some.

I want to find the fastest memory for this board since it supports the 4 volt memory feature... Currently running 4 x 512MB sticks at DDR400 333Mhz... Would I be able to use DDR667 or higher if I overclock the motherboard? Thanks!

A litle bit late??? Better than NEVER :D

The fastest DDR(1) ram for that sistem is the DDR600.

LOL. Yes. 2 years late, in fact. How did you even find this thread?

EDIT: Make that 3 years... oh math. :D

I bought this summer 2x1Gb DDR500 3-3-3-8 Xtreem by Teamgroup, some time before bought also the same set but 3-4-4-8 timings.
Raccomended voltage is between 2.6 and 2.85, I'm running the first set @500 V2.7.
Actually on the bay there is an auction about 2x512MB DDR600 Patriot running V2.91 as shown in reported screenshots.
Much rare but present sets of 2x1GB DDR600!
The voltage of 4 is absolutely crazy, I think some crazy OCer could set that value to run common DDR400 or 500 to 600 and above but U know the life of ram is counted...
Just meke a google search about sets of DDR600 U will find many.

Sorry if I came out so now but only a few weeks ago I decided to OC my Opty180 on DFI SLI-DR and 2x1GB DDR500.
Now I'm Rock solid @3000 (FSB250x12 V1.41) and DDR500 (FSB 1/1) 1T.
By now CPU stay regular at 40°C even gaming.

No reason to change system, may be GPU.
I'm looking on a DFI LanParty Venus SLI-DR expert for sale to test all 4GB of ram because there is no way to run 4GB on my SLI-DR, tried everithin, every slot change, every sane voltage/CPC/remapping/timings/...
I've got two Opty180 to test so...

Last edited:
I bought this summer 2x1Gb DDR500 3-3-3-8 Xtreem by Teamgroup, some time before bought also the same set but 3-4-4-8 timings.

there is no way to run 4GB on my SLI-DR, tried everithin, every slot change, every sane voltage/CPC/remapping/timings/...

If I am reading correctly, you have 4 x 1gig sticks. 2 kits but slightly different? You find it hard...make that impossible to use both kits at the same time? What bios are you using? The very last 406? I have two very mis-matched kits that I run together for 3gigs. They are two very mismatched kits for sure. I have them working together in my Ultra-D board with the very 'last' bios.

Recommended voltage is between 2.6 and 2.85, I'm running the first set @500 V2.7.
Actually on the bay there is an auction about 2x512MB DDR600 Patriot running V2.91 as shown in reported screenshots.
Much rare but present sets of 2x1GB DDR600!
The voltage of 4 is absolutely crazy, I think some crazy OCer could set that value to run common DDR400 or 500 to 600 and above but U know the life of ram is counted...
Just make a google search about sets of DDR600 U will find many.

Sorry if I came out so now but only a few weeks ago I decided to OC my Opty180 on DFI SLI-DR and 2x1GB DDR500.
Now I'm Rock solid @3000 (FSB250x12 V1.41) and DDR500 (FSB 1/1) 1T.
By now CPU stay regular at 40°C even gaming.

No reason to change system, may be GPU.
I'm looking on a DFI LanParty Venus SLI-DR expert for sale to test all 4GB of ram because there is no way to run 4GB on my SLI-DR, tried everything, every slot change, every sane voltage/CPC/remapping/timings/...
I've got two Opty180 to test so...
Those are probably either Micron -5B D/-5B F or Samsung UCCC.

Now I've got to see if I can find that auction for those Patriot sticks, I'm curious what they're asking for those.

There's a lot of DDR600 memory out there, from my experience basically any TCCD memory will do DDR600 with the right voltage and timings set. That's pretty much all 512MB sticks though, maybe with a few 256MB sticks in there from early production runs. I've never seen a set of 2x1GB DDR600 though, I'm not even sure what kind of chips that would have.

A DFI SLI-DR Venus you say? :drool: *goes to look* Don't expect it to go cheap unless it doesn't work, the last one I saw went for $230 USD.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to run 4x1GB sticks. I've never had any problems with my SLI-DR or SLI-DR Expert on that. What memory speeds and timings are you running and what Command Rate?

Ummmm. How high is everyone here? Why are we taking the dead out of the ground?( but i find it funny)thread from `09---user offline since `10.

I'm here!

So, my two sets are:

1- Teamgroup Xtreem DDR500 CL=3-3-3-8 TXDR2048M500C3DC-M 2.6V~2.85V
2- Teamgroup Xtreem DDR500 CL=3-4-4-8 TXDR2048M500HC3-S no V signed

Both kits are with gold heatskin, they are gold series (I saw there is also DDR500 platinum series)

On the first set box there is written also "Cronus DDR500 Micron".

Other things there aren't.

mobo is the SLI-DR (not expert or venus)

My tests:

-every slots conf, you can be sure;
- CPC set to 2T or AUTO that set 2T Command Per Clock;
- if I set Memory Hole... to disable, system count only 3GB~;
- I set timings in every case as the lowest set so 3-4-4-8;

I don't intend to test 4 set lower than DDR500 in that case i stay quite with one set but @500!!!

There are many other timings in the bIOs but I set them to AUTO cause I saw that with every one kit (one set 3-3-3-4 and one 3-4-4-8) the system is RocK Solid, I passed hours and hours gaming with no problem for days with every single kit.

So the problem is to run 4GB in DDR500 may be different timings but they are so many that I dunno what to try.

That Venus is MINE!!! :mad:
Is also just here in Italy to MEEEEEEEEE :attn:

But I don't know if it would be a great solution to run 4GB of ram, I red many forums in wich people get best results with a DR instead of an expert or a venus.
The only difference from a Venus and an expert are only SOME capacitors, the difference between expert and DR are digital SLI switch and mobo design/ram position. That mobo costs 100EUROS!!! without shipping...

I'm a crazy old OCr!

If you have suggestion to help me run that 4GB, I know they are very good and a little bit different.
The problem is that I red also that with 4GB of ram the default speed is 333MHz, all over this is an overclock???

So the problem is to run 4GB in DDR500 may be different timings but they are so many that I dunno what to try.

But I don't know if it would be a great solution to run 4GB of ram, I red many forums in wich people get best results with a DR instead of an expert or a venus.
The only difference from a Venus and an expert are only SOME capacitors, the difference between expert and DR are digital SLI switch and mobo design/ram position. That mobo costs 100EUROS!!! without shipping...

If you have suggestion to help me run that 4GB, I know they are very good and a little bit different.
The problem is that I red also that with 4GB of ram the default speed is 333MHz, all over this is an overclock???

Problem is that with 4x1GB (or 4x512MB for that matter) you'll have trouble going over DDR400. DDR500 simply won't happen with four sticks, I've tried and never managed to get it to work. Best I've been able to do was probably DDR425-450 (450 on a really good day). I personally wouldn't expect them to run much over 420-425 most of the time, the memory controller just can't handle that many sticks at higher speeds than DDR400.

What OS are you running and is it 32 or 64-bit (x86 or x64)?

Venus has all solid-state capacitors. Aside from that I believe it is basically identical to the SLI-DR Expert.

SLI-DR and SLI-DR Expert have different memory locations and the chokes are different. Also, for some odd reason the non-expert SLI-DR has larger heatsinks on the mosfets, not sure why since I would have thought the Expert would have the larger heatsinks. Those are about the only difference between them though. Well, that and the electronically controlled SLI-switching vs. manual SLI switching.

I use linux, debian and ubuntu, in that machine ubuntu x64.
I was able two or three time to work with OS and 4GB of ram set at DDR500, the problem is arriving there!
Most of the times the OS stops loading and the machine reboots.
So I thought there was only a question of timings.

I know about the minimal differences there are between DR, expert and venus but may be onlt that bit af stability can solve the problem, I hope...

Ok, I gave up running 4GB DDR500 on the SLI-DR... X(
But only because I finally get that VENUS I spoke about :drool:
90€ shipped :attn:
So I hope to solve my problem with 4Gb at 500.
The mobo must be in my hand today or tomorrow, see U in a few days.

20:00pm

YEEEEEEEEEEEEA!

Now in my hands in his black coffin, also many sata cables unused!
Box not like new but with his 7 years...

Last edited:
Back