• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Different side window for Bitfenix Shinobi?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amicta

Hello,

I've been using the Bitfenix Shinobi lately, which I really love, except for the side window and ugly fan grill. I would much prefer a square-shaped or rectengular-shaped clear window with no fan grill. I saw that the Lian Li Lancool First Knight has a window which I like and would suit my needs pretty well, which leads me to my question: can I take the windowed side panel from the First Knight and fit it onto the Shinobi or will it not physically fit?

Both cases have similar dimensions but it's hard to determine if the removeable side panels would match.

Thanks for any help. :)

:welcome: to OCForums!

Highly doubt the Lian Li side panel would fit the BitFenix.

Your best bet would probably be to make your own window using your current side panel. Something like removing the current plexiglas, cutting the window hole into a more square/rectangle shape, putting a new piece of plexiglas into the cut, and possibly trim out the edges of the hole with u-channel molding.

OK, I was afraid I'd have to do it myself because I haven't tried it before, hehe. Oh well, I think it'd be good to learn. And hopefully if I can do it I'll try to post some pictures of it.

Thanks for help mate. :)

If you have any scrap metal lying around anywhere, I'd practice with a dremel on that before you started on the case, and just as a reminder, make sure you measure it out, and use a pencil or a sharpie or something to draw out the shape before cutting it. Just makes for a neater cut.

Back