• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dimond Superconductors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lunar Wolf

Disabled
http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/07/14/diamonds.synthetics.reut/index.html

So how long do you think it will be until they start making CPU cores from Synthetic Dimond?

There's been alot of talk of this over the years, basically dimond is the best conductors on the planet (as far as i know) and there should be hudge reduction in power needs and heat-output.

I'd say that since its starting to be reported by the main news agency it should't be long, especially with the heat dilema that face the main CPU manufacturers at the moment.

Aren't those still expensive, and there is probably not enough supply to make as many cpus that are sold today. ANyway there are other options to help solve the heat problem with cpus, sometime ago I found an article which talked about a replacement to normal transistors which could witch faster and produced less heat.

as technology for making synthetic diamonds grows the cost of making them will go down, so we may see this at a reasonable cost one day. plus the amount of diamond actually needed will be very small.

i didn't think synthetic dimond was expensive at all, havn't you noticed that cheap @$$ Dimondique your girlfriend keeps buying off QVC shopping channel?

Lunar Wolf said:
i didn't think synthetic dimond was expensive at all, havn't you noticed that cheap @$$ Dimondique your girlfriend keeps buying off QVC shopping channel?

lol :p

Back