• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do I have to use a 8-pin EATX12 V cpu power plug on my 1366 Mobo ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Davv

Disabled
I'm going to build this weekend a new PC and my Mobo a 1366 ASUS P6X58D-E user manual clearly states: Do not forget to connect the 8-pin EATX12 V power plug; otherwise, the system will not boot.

The motherboard arrived with a little plastic insert covering 4 of the 8 holes on the 12v socket. Do I just use one of the 4 pins? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

See the problem is I only have one 1 x 4-Pin ATX 12V connector. So am I screwed or what ? Do I have to buy a PSU now ? I thought I read that you don't have to use a 8-pin EATX12 V power plug that you could just use a 4 pin and thats why they have a cap on four of them.

I got the Core i7-950 but I'm not planning to OC. My PSU Antec earthwatts EA430 430W Continuous Power ATX12V v2.0 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply.

The connectors my PSU has is

1 x Main connector (20+4Pin)
1 x 4-Pin ATX 12V
6 x Peripheral
4 x SATA
1 x Floppy
1 x PCI-E

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Plug the four pin connector into the half of the 8pin plug that is open to the world, leave the cover in place.

It'll work fine, don't worry.

ok thanks, I want to make sure it works 100%. I don't really mind buying a new PSU but I rather not. I just wish the manual wouldn't say that. I wonder if it's a mistake there part though in writing that.

Back