• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do not order from Directron!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My name is Chris Morley. I work for Directron.com.

What this boils down to is that the customer is ****ed because we wouldn't overnight a drive bezel to him. We were willing ship at our expense, just not overnight.

The case was damaged by UPS two times in a row. This was not our fault. Both times we did our best to fix the situation.

What blows my mind is that people like Pinky, who are cleary itching for a fight and have never even DEALT with us before, are so quick to judge something about which they know NOTHING about.

What I know is that John spends all day long doing discrepancy reports. That's right, we have a full-time guy that takes care of people like this who may have issues with their order. I know that John spends all day fixing these problems, be they our fault or someone else's, and he gets underpaid for it and has to deal with customers yelling at him, cussing at him, insulting him, and other uncivilized behavior. You also don't get to see him take it all day, every day, and still do his job, and still fix the problems to the best of his ability. Yes, sometimes it gets to him, but I know that he still does his best. It's not in his interest to 'screw' the customer. And if this is all about getting something for nothing (free upgraded shipping), then I would question who is getting screwed by whom.

Sometimes people want something for nothing. That's fine. But when you throw a temper tantrum and drag our name into the mud because of it, that's just childish and uncalled for.

We at Directron.com work our ASSES OFF EVERY DAY FOR YOU PEOPLE. We work long hours, and we bend over backwards. Most of the time we enjoy it. We enjoy making people happy...be it either through our low prices or otherwise, who doesn't enjoy that? But it's these type of threads that make us shake our heads and wonder why we put up with it every day.

shauns said:
I wasnt upset that he wouldnt overnite it... STOP READING OUTSIDE THE LINES. i was ****ED because was RUDE! GET THE POINT! Thats it! Not that the case was fubar, not the fact that he wouldnt ship faster! HE WAS RUDE! thats it!

John is curt and to the point, but rarely rude. And the only time he gets angered is when mistreated by the customer.

So many times people forget that there's a real human at the other end of the line, and usually have NOTHING to do with the mistake that was made (especially in this case).

What was there for him to be rude about? You didn't insist on overnight shipping?

I swear, companys argueing w/ the customers. THATS troublesom right there! what kind of company continues to aruge, fight, and curse in a thread to customer. Why do you do this? BECAUSE YOUR A COMPANY WHO MAKES MONEY. I will say this. You have a great company, good products but RUDE CS People.

Morley said:
What blows my mind is that people like Pinky, who are cleary itching for a fight and have never even DEALT with us before, are so quick to judge something about which they know NOTHING about.

Okay, remember that 'pointing the finger you have three pointing back" thing? Aparently not ;).

I have made 2 minor purchases in the past from you. That makes me a (former) customer.

I work customer service (technical help desk) for a living, been doing it for years. If I lived in Houston I might be your boss. Wait, probably not... you would be fired.

Pinky said:

Okay, remember that 'pointing the finger you have three pointing back" thing? Aparently not ;).

I have made 2 minor purchases in the past from you. That makes me a (former) customer.

I work customer service (technical help desk) for a living, been doing it for years. If I lived in Houston I might be your boss. Wait, probably not... you would be fired.

Considering I don't work CS, I doubt it.

I have been reading all of this for the past little while on and off. Here is my take on it. I have ordered from Directron before and had no problems with them. This thread will not keep me from ordering again but it does stay in my mind. Anyway my take:

Sauns orders case and it is busted in transit mutiple times. He calls and gets a disgruntled CS rep which gets him angry. Now it all starts here. It is the JOB of the rep to kiss the rear of customers at any cost. Now you people at Directron are saying how you will lose money on the case if you ship it expidited, rather than normal. Are you insane? Think of all the money you have or are going to loose due to this ridiculous incident. I can understand the everyone has a bad day, even CS reps. But you should have called him back appologized and sent him some $10 gift box or some crap that would make him fell special, case closed. Customer is happy and your name stays clean. Instead you continue to fight him on your forum and the entire incident is open to public view. You would have been better off letting him do a little rant on your forum and then cool off. Instead you went back and forth on your forum and followed him here to his forum. You need to let the issue drop and hopefully the whole thing will cool down. Try to save whats left of your company name and let him vent and it would all be over.

Two Words: DAMAGE CONTROL

Reminds me of when OCZ was a store and one of their employees came to [H] to defend the company.... oh man was that funny. The good old days.

Last edited:
After having read both threads, my opinion of the whole ordeal is;

Directron shipped a case with UPS, it was broken in shipment. They shipped another case that got broken, then shipped a third front bezel.

WHAT PART OF "DON'T USE UPS" CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND?

Idiocy is defined as, doing the same thing and expecting a different result. Hey Directron, is there a different shipper you can use? A kid with a little red wagon is a BIG improvement.

my $0.02

steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back