• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does OS have any impact on temps and stability for OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sharpsuxx

Registered
I recently changed my main system from 7 64 bit ultimate to Vista 64 bit ultimate (I know everybody hates vista but I had a copy lying around and my fiances new comp I built needed an OS). On Win 7 64 bit my Rig Asus p6t i7 960, I was rock solid stable with good temps at 4.0 ghz 1.35 vcore and even everydya stable at 4.2 ghz 1.35 vcore, all else equal I can no longer get my system stable with the same settings on win Vista 64 bit? I can however run perfecty smooth at 1.25 vcore with a 23 multi at 3.5ghz but I can no longer run any iteration to get me to 4ghz, I was running 200 20x.

any fixes or settings in Vista I should look at?

My system had been running for around a year at 4GHZ prior Prime and Linx stable and less than 75 degrees at load.

any setting that may matter in vista that didn't in 7? I am running an SSD for the OS and I know 7 handles SSDs better.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back