• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Doom3 Beta 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cowboy X

Doom3 Beta 2 is online ! Unfortunately it has as far as I know not been released officially and the site which linked it has removed it . Being unofficial I cannot link to it here so this is merely a headsup thread for fellow forum members .

I'm certain it will be somwhere on the peer to peer networks for all of you adventurous broadbandusers . I'm just waiting to see if it is officially sanctioned or if it is a leak before I go into any further discussion .

well, I want to know what ID are saying about this. I don't bother with downloading alpha or leaked crap. It makes me sick and just hurts the game. (look at half-life 2)

Did a bit of Googlewacking about this, 'cause I thought that it was really weird for iD to slip up TWICE and let unfinished copies of their biggest game to date slip out the virtual door.

Turns out I was right. This is NOT a new 'beta'. This is the illegal leaked alpha from E3 with some new fan maps. Nothing more.

Linky McLinkage: http://cyberfight.org/site/news/22113/

Oni ............. The guys on that site imply that they have some degree of support from Carmack claiming that they have patches from him . What do you guys think about that ? This could end up being called an officially sanctioned mod of an unauthorised leak :)

The patches are prob the work of reverse engineering. I though it was fishy.

Unfortunately, I can't find a recent .plan file for John Carmack. I'm sure if he actually wrote patches for the alpha release, it would be in there. I'm also sure that this info would show up on some of the more prominent news sites, such as /. or Inq, and afaik, it hasn't yet.

From what I have dug up on my searches through /., is that he was very upset about the original release of the alpha. Why would he even waste his programming time supporting something that isn't even close to done [the alpha]?

I find it very unlikely , but I am very surprised by the claim , as well as the blatant ( if they aren't authorised ) posting of not only the alpha but a modified version .

Edit : Some spelling .

Last edited:
I've trie dit out forst hand, the "new" beta. It's the same ole leaked version form E3, just some fan boys made some maps and tweaked it a bit. There's nothing new that hasn't been seen in the old leak. Installed, tried for a couple of minutes, then deleted, I refuse to get another beta, and will patiently wait to buy the full version game once it comes out.

I might be losing interest in this game. id really needs to hurry, especially since Painkiller and Farcry were sproting some of the same technology. Note I said 'some', please don't flame me.

You cannot discuss the un-official releases here... If you have played them, no one here wants to know. Go read the user agreement again if you still don't understand.

Not beta not beta not beta not beta not beta NOT BETA!!!!!!!:mad:

It is NOT a beta! It is an Alpha. It is also considered warez, and warez, as we all know, is NOT a welcome topic around here.

Back