• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual monitor help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ati

I have an Nvidia AGP FX5200 and an Nvidia Riva TNT in my pci slot. My computer doesnt like booting with the AGP slot card but works fine with the PCI card. Im thinking its driver conflict because they are both nvidia. one is using the forceware drivers and the TNT is using Detonator drivers. I want to set up a dual monitor system but then i right click my desktop then select properties then the settings tab it doesnt give me a selection of what card. it only displays one. maybe it has something to do with my bios. i have never set up dual monitors with two cards so i have no idea. :shrug:

I ran into the same problem a while back with a ti4200 and a mx400 PCI card. What ended up working was to uninstall all drivers, then install the PCI card frist. The weird thing was when I upgraded to a ti4400 I had no problems at all. I think some Nvidia cards just don't like other Nvidia cards.

Ok tried that, still no worky :( When i set my AGP card as the boot from card windows crashes before the login screen. When i boot from PCI i cant select screen or w/e.

Might be time to just get a PCI or AGP card that has 2 dvi or d-sub outs.

You can pick up another FX5200 agp card for $40 that has one dvi and one d-sub connect. Then get a dvi to vga converter if neither of your monitors use dvi.

Im getting a 6800 so i guess thats the only way.

- might be only way - unless you want to screw around with drives

if you got a PCI card that runs off the forceware drivers you shouldnt have any issues

have you tried install just the forceware drives and seeing if it pics up your TNT 2 ? or just using the windows defaults?

Windows doesnt have defualt drivers for the card i think since it always asks for drivers. I dont think forceware drivers will work since this card isnt even a TNT 2. Its a Riva TNT 16mb. So do you guys have any procedures for me to try?

werd - i guess it is only recent cards (last 4 years) that have the default drivers.

i am really not too sure :(

Back