• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Reserator 1 PLUS issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks, Mort. My bad on that one then.

Candybar - I don't know what "car fluid" stuff you're using that's purple, but if it's an "anti-freeze" of any kind it's hurting your temps. Mix it with distilled water no stronger than 30%. If you're using "Royal Purple, Purple Ice" or some other surfactant-type product, that's not nearly as bad (I use one for corrosion protection and for the pH buffers it has), just make sure you add the correct amount for the total volume in your system.

Either way, you still need a biocide in the loop. Engine coolant in an automobile runs hot enough to kill biologicals, water cooling loops do not. Copper sulfate is compatible with those other products, isn't terribly expensive, and works well. Again, make sure you add an appropriate amount for the total volume in your system. With the Reserators, your total volume is pretty high.

i use this type of car coolant, i dont think biologicals can live in this toxic water?

koelvloeistof_long_life_g12_.png

Last edited:
It's not exactly "toxic". What concentration are you running it at? That's likely contributing to your poor loop performance.

Im running it pure

I ... you what ... wait ... I never ... crap. :facepalm:

Your post just accidentally my brain.

Don't run it stronger than 30%. Dilute it with distilled. There's no upside to running it stronger than 30% (and debatable upside to running it at all), and major downside in terms of loop performance.

Thanks again for the responses, i will mix the coolant with demi water(60 procent demi).

I have installed the new radiators and came up with this configuration:
IMAG0212.jpg

The fan's are in the middle (6) and in between of the fan's there is a shroud.

About the radiatiors, the old radiator has a much higher "fpi", the new EK radiators allow's a higher air flow.:
IMAG0204.jpg

What is better?

Nice. Wondering what Aqua pump top is that and does it come with sensors say for the software or connections for the Aquaero controllers?

Yesterday i bought some new Corsair fans!:

IMAG0233.jpg

These fan's can run up to 3000 RPM with high flow and pressure.

I have only installed three of them for now and that is making almost a 10 degree difference already!

Keep you guys updated

:shock: did you just create a rad sandwich ? Air going rad -> fan -> fan -> rad ?

If you did.. performance sucks compared to traditional "side-by-side"

Since you dont mind external.. a MO-RA or Phobya (120.9) would be nice.. or you can build some similar looking rad-box using 3 360 rads.
Or 2 360 Rads + DDC for a CPU+GPU's loop
and you could re-use the Reserators for the Harddrives and the MB block

Just don't mix the reserators & the rads in the same loop... split into dedicated loops

Yeah, it would be a lot of tubing going to/from the case, but you can make it look good... imagine a square box (3x360) flanked on each side by a reserator :)

Yes i did sandwich the radiators, it will be more like: fan-> rad -> fan-> shroud -> fan -> rad OR: fan -> rad -> shroud -> fan -> rad ->fan, but i dont think that will fit tho.
so i will use 9 fan's on the 2 rad's.

I did this because that is the only way it fits in my case, i use this case:

Click here

There is exactly enough room to place 2x 360 mm rad's in the lower part of the case, turned the PSU 90 degrees so it fit's.
A Radiator sandwich does help for temps right, if you have enough airflow?, its just like one very thick radiator.

I will consider using 2 loops for the system, already disconnected the HDD blocks. Next step is to connect the GPU's in a different way:

->6690->6970->6970.

The GPU's are now conencted like this:
2064d1211128575-tri-fire-loop-filling-bleeding-img_1082.jpg

The upper card (6990) get's to hot now because the hot watter is flowing through it on it's way out.

Last edited:
You can't use parallel connections with mixed blocks. You'll have a flow imbalance, and I'm guessing that the 6990 block is most restrictive of the three and getting the least flow as a result.

You can't use parallel connections with mixed blocks. You'll have a flow imbalance, and I'm guessing that the 6990 block is most restrictive of the three and getting the least flow as a result.

Thanks for the response, that will explain a few thigs.

What is the best configuration, first 6990 than 6970 and 2nd 6970?

Thanks.

Order isn't critical, do whatever works best for tube routing. Just plumb them in series instead of parallel. You'll need at least one angle fitting for the last block by the looks of things.

Yes, have the GPU's in series as Jeremy stated. Water will enter the least restricted of the 3.

Yes i did sandwich the radiators, it will be more like: fan-> rad -> fan-> shroud -> fan -> rad OR: fan -> rad -> shroud -> fan -> rad ->fan, but i dont think that will fit tho.
so i will use 9 fan's on the 2 rad's.

--snip---

There is exactly enough room to place 2x 360 mm rad's in the lower part of the case, turned the PSU 90 degrees so it fit's.
A Radiator sandwich does help for temps right, if you have enough airflow?, its just like one very thick radiator.

--snip---

Its not the best solution... but if it is the only one that fits...
There might be minor differences depending on setup (parallel rad/flow is also a possible setup option)... but we shouldn't be talking about more as a couple of degrees
In any case... when stacking like this, static pressure becomes important..so, dont skimp on the fans :) (the corsairs should do fine)

Stacked rads: http://martinsliquidlab.org/2012/06/08/hesmelaughs-radiator-sandwich-testing/

newdiagramcopyuqw1.jpg

Its not the best solution... but if it is the only one that fits...
There might be minor differences depending on setup (parallel rad/flow is also a possible setup option)... but we shouldn't be talking about more as a couple of degrees
In any case... when stacking like this, static pressure becomes important..so, dont skimp on the fans :) (the corsairs should do fine)

Stacked rads: http://martinsliquidlab.org/2012/06/08/hesmelaughs-radiator-sandwich-testing/

Thank you for this interesting piece of research, unfortunately he did not complete his testings and ended up with an almost positive conclusion but his fan's only did 1250 RPM.
In the image above you can see that setup "6" on "high" fan speed outperforms setup "2" already with 1250 RPM.

The Corsair fans i've got can do up to 3000 RPM (loud) and i have a shroud in the middle of the radiators optimizing airflow and pressure. Also as show in a few post back i have the EK radiators with a relative low FPI making it less restrictive.

Yesterday i installed all the fan's (9) on the sandwich setup (6 in the middle with the shroud in between en 3 for intake) i tried to make everything air-tight with isolation tape to maximize the pressure. tonight or tomorrow i will connect it all to the loop to see what results i get.

My hope is that with low fan speed it is "as good" as a single rad and with high fan speed it outperform the single rad by far.

Keep you guys posted.

Hi all, here is another update after changing the loop.

1 Removed the Reserators from the loop.
2 added a small reservoir
3 installed the sandwiched radiator box with all 9 fans.
4 changed the GPU connection.

The results are great, i believe the sandwich is very effective. on a medium to high rpm the airflow comming out of the radiators is just stunning.

Well here we go, Temps:

idle temps @ 3000RPM
Cpu 27 (Core 9)
GPU's IDLE/ Stressed 800 core, 1.0V =840 Watt
Gpu 1: 33 /58
Gpu 2: 29 /55
Gpu 3: 30 /61
Gpu 4: 31 /50

GPU's Stressed 950 Core 1.15V = 1140 Watt
Gpu 1: 67
Gpu 2: 67
Gpu 3: 76
Gpu 4: 57

Test @ 1500 RPM:

Only CPU Stressed with Prime95:
42 (core 32)

GPU's & CPU IDLE / Stressed 800 core, 1.0V =840 Watt
CPU 27 /44 (core 9/34)

Gpu 1: 34 / 58
Gpu 2: 31 / 56
Gpu 3: 31 / 61
Gpu 4: 32 / 52

Only GPU's Stressed 950 Core 1.15V = 1140 Watt
Gpu 1: 69
Gpu 2: 69
Gpu 3: 79
Gpu 4: 59

CPU idle temp when GPU stressed:
34 (core 24)

Very good results if you ask me, unfortunately i have no equipment to measure the water temp.

Here are some pics, (dont mind the cable mess):
IMAG0240.jpg

IMAG0242.jpg

IMAG0243.jpg

IMAG0244.jpg

Congrats on your temps.

I see one pump sideways above the reservoir. Do you have more than 1 pump? Is that a pump left of the bottom radiator in picture 2?

Colored fluid? :eek: I thought you were going distilled and silver coil.

Back