• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dugans' LAN 06- April Edition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rogerdugans

Linux challenged Senior, not that it stops me...
That's right people, I have finally set dates for the next LAN here at the house. :)

When:
9 am April 22 to noon April 23, 2006

Where:
Northeastern Massachusetts, United States (Directions and details via PM or email for attendees)

Details:
For those who have not attended one of the LANs here before-
We try and start gaming on time but usually fail. ;) Hopefully, we WILL have things in place and ready Friday night, including a few folks that I am going to browbeat into helping out with setup and testing. ;)

The network infrastructure is mostly in place now, and I have enough switches to handle 25+ people- more connections than I have room for people, in fact.

There WILL be at least a couple of games ready to play at 9 am Saturday.
The exact list of which games those are is not determined yet, but it will be by the end of March.

Food:
I will (weather permitting) do a cookout late saturday afternoon- menu is likely to include steak tips, burgers and dogs. That is generally the only food I provide. Bringing items to complete this meal (salads, or whatever) is welcomed. :)

Meals are generally done by group consensus and there are a few places to order from locally that deliver- subs, pizza, chinese.
I don't eat breakfast most of the time, so breakfast food is something I have little of- be prepared to get your own.
I will have coffee and SOME soda, and perhaps SOME chips, but I suggest you bring whatever soda, snacks and other food you prefer.

There are two supermarkets less than a mile from my house if you wish to get HERE first and then get food/snacks.

Consumption of Alcohol:
This is allowed but I will remind everyone that this is NOT a keg party or booze-bash! ;) Over-indulging is not recommended.
The focus here is GAMING, screwing with hardware a bit and socializing.

NOTE: If you are under the age of 18 you are still welcome to come but I would need to speak to a parent/guardian before the LAN if you have NOT been here before. Feel free to PM me if this applies to you and arrangements can be made.

Contact: Contacting me through email is preferred- I have been working on a mail list for these things to make it easier to contact people. ;)
Send email to: [email protected]

Game list:

To be determined, but there are a few very likely games-

UT2K4 (Old, but still a great game for LANs: good game, and easy to get the hang of for those who don't game that much.)

CS:S ALways in demand by many
HL2: DM

Quake4
Doom3

BF2

NOBODY gets added to the list unless they post in here by tradition. :)
Attendees must also be a member of this forum by tradition, even if the post in this thread is their first post.

Attendees:

rogerdugans
Diehrd
SewerBeing
crimedog
Krieger

Pinky
snvpa
Blackstar
Sony
{PMS}fishy

g0dM@n
Captain Slug
dylskee
SCORPIONlt1
ProDriveTom
BILGRO

Not gonna make it this time:
SolidxSnake
jack222
Son1990
Nebulous
dicecca112

Last edited:
Diehrd needs to be added :) I will adjust my visitation to accomidate this lan..

I just may make this for once!!!!! Will have to find out for sure before I commit, though. (Please my gf better have no weddings to go to this time)

I am so there, i'll make sure my dad knows this is coming up.

i'm sittin out for quake 4 and doom3 i guess, but i finally got BF2 up and running (and a 9800 wooo)

you guys are all dead :D

For the regulars that are complaining- tough. ;)

This way I am 100% sure you have seen the thread.

Sometimes a few of you may have full PM boxes and disabled email in the forums, though I won't mention any names, crimedog..........

Adding the names now. :)

As for the list of games to be played- nothing is set yet, as usual, so feel free to post up about the ones you WANT to play, and we'll take it from there. We have March to come up with the list and still give everyone a few weeks to do what they have to do as far as learning new games.

Everybody added. :)

Note that I added Pinky too....

If he doesn't post in here himself before the LAN I'm kicking him out. :D

rogerdugans said:
Everybody added. :)

Note that I added Pinky too....

If he doesn't post in here himself before the LAN I'm kicking him out. :D

hahaha i can picture that in my head

you know I'm in. I'll be bringing a newly created server to to handle DHCP duties and also host some games. Its not the fastest on the planet but it should allow linux and windows boxes to be on the same subnet without destroying connectivity ;-)

snvpa said:
you know I'm in. I'll be bringing a newly created server to to handle DHCP duties and also host some games. Its not the fastest on the planet but it should allow linux and windows boxes to be on the same subnet without destroying connectivity ;-)

Yeah, I know you're in. :)
In fact, I'm hoping you can come up Friday so we can test the dhcp server and so on.
Be nice to iron out any wrinkles BEFORE people start whining about playing games. :cool:

rogerdugans said:
Food:
I will (weather permitting) do a cookout late saturday afternoon- menu is likely to include steak tips, burgers and dogs. That is generally the only food I provide. Bringing items to complete this meal (salads, or whatever) is welcomed. :)

[/b]

I'm making a Beer Can Chicken.

...and a keg ;)

Doug hopefully danimal and I will be up there on Friday not sure what time though dan might have to work, but we will be there friday ngiht at some point.

Back