• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dugans' LAN 06- April Edition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I be here. :)

Come on up, Sony. :)

Thanks to snvpa for getting a dhcp server going to attempt to get rid of the problems WinXP computers seem to have on my network every time there are here......
Funny how Win2K never has issues, nor does Win3.11 (Yes, I have it and tried it on a fast machine for grins once :D), nor does any version of linux......

But perhaps a Windows DHCP server will beat all the XP machines into submission and keep them from screwing each other up. ;)

(Serious note: at the LAN in CT a while back they had the same problem- I am actually thinking that it is some weird router issue that ONLY crops up when WinXP and Linux are getting dhcp addys from routers- and possibly only Linksys routers. Not 100% on that, but it would seem to be the only common thing between the CT. issues and the ones we have had. Of course, I no longer have a Linksys router in use.)

snvpa said:
*****Request*********

I am setting up a dedicated server for this lan. I already have the DHCP and UT dedicated running fine, but I need to know what other games are going to be played. I'm going to set up a dedicated server for any games that have them availible that we are def going to play. I would like a consensus on games within the next 3 weeks so say by march 15th. That will give me a bit over a month to get everything up and running. Thanks

I'll be providing the most bitching CS:S server ever.

With trendy sayings from UT, and some other special features.

Man my servers never lagged...Dual Opteron's baby yea!

Well Pete if you want to get the CS:S and HL2 DM dervers running I'[ll take care of the UT and anything else that has a dedicated server module. I had some massive problems with the UT server last night but I expect I will get it up and running perfectly long before the lan. Sony your rig was perfect last time. You will certainly be the backup in the circumstance that something woth the dedicated servers doesn't work properly.

Yea well the game only uses one CPU so I just put the Dedi on the other CPU and with 2GB or RAM there is no lag whatsoever. I do need a better GFX Card though but I don't have the funds for a 7800GS...yet.

Sony said:
Yea well the game only uses one CPU so I just put the Dedi on the other CPU and with 2GB or RAM there is no lag whatsoever. I do need a better GFX Card though but I don't have the funds for a 7800GS...yet.

I'm sure that 5900 is on par with my 9800. it should run most those games fine. I haven't tried UT2k4 since i got my 9800 (but played it on my GF4 a few days before i uninstalled it) and it ran perfectly fine on the GF4.

BF2 runs fine on my 9800 as well. i think that 5900 should be fine

Son1990 said:
Ill be there, as long as Pat (sewerbeing) gives me a lift.

SWEET, new lanner

i thought you lived down in florida? man i was off :D

hey what'ya know, i wo'nt be the only under-18 person there

SolidxSnake said:
SWEET, new lanner

i thought you lived down in florida? man i was off :D

hey what'ya know, i wo'nt be the only under-18 person there

Naw. I live in NJ. About an hour from Sewerbeing. Hahaha we can prank all the older guys as they are getting thier old men rest *cough*...I never said that *waves hand like a jedi*

Son1990 said:
Naw. I live in NJ. About an hour from Sewerbeing. Hahaha we can prank all the older guys as they are getting thier old men rest *cough*...I never said that *waves hand like a jedi*

You will have to beat the Daminal and I first.

I didn't sleep for 3 days durring the Canada Lan.

Haha man I don't think it gets much better then the Keyboard Prank on snvpa. You can try though...I dare yall to try and prank me ;) My computer is a lot more secure then snvpa's... It'll be even more secure soon cause I'm taking it to Digital OverLoad and I'll be investing some money into more security even tho the people at DO say it wont be needed.

One reminder on any/all pranks at the LAN:
No damage is allowed to another's rig.
This includes deleting files, etc. or other methods of making a system not boot correctly.

Fun and games are fun, but we have enough trouble getting everyone gaming on working rigs some times.....we don't need to make it worse. ;)

Last point on pranks:

Youthful exuberance and energy will lose to experience and downright cussedness everytime.
Bring your "A" game. :D

Update on the Server.
The ut2004 dedicated server is up running and good to go. 20 meg map packs load in 5-6 seconds so I'm pretty satisfied with that. there are some excellent additional onslaught maps and some pretty cool new vehicles to. its an oldie but a goodie. :)

Since all of my classes are crammed into the beginning of the week I might be able to come this time (from Thursday to Sunday), just put me down as a HUGE maybe. I'd have to buy some games and redo the casing on my custom monitor first so I can bring MY equipment for a change.

Make sure to add some Vehicle CTF maps to the UT2k4 servers.

Last edited:
Sony said:
Haha man I don't think it gets much better then the Keyboard Prank on snvpa. You can try though...I dare yall to try and prank me ;) My computer is a lot more secure then snvpa's... It'll be even more secure soon cause I'm taking it to Digital OverLoad and I'll be investing some money into more security even tho the people at DO say it wont be needed.

I think i got a prank coming up involving a corded mouse :D

Captain Slug said:
Since all of my classes are crammed into the beginning of the week I might be able to come this time (from Thursday to Sunday), just put me down as a HUGE maybe. I'd have to buy some games and redo the casing on my custom monitor first so I can bring MY equipment for a change.

Make sure to add some Vehicle CTF maps to the UT2k4 servers.

Cool man. :)
Be great to have you up again, though I hope you HAVEN'T PLAYED A GAME SINCE THE LAST TIME YOU CAME! :D:D

snvpa said:
Update on the Server.
The ut2004 dedicated server is up running and good to go. 20 meg map packs load in 5-6 seconds so I'm pretty satisfied with that. there are some excellent additional onslaught maps and some pretty cool new vehicles to. its an oldie but a goodie. :)

Don't forget to put the game patches on the server too.

rogerdugans said:
I hope you HAVEN'T PLAYED A GAME SINCE THE LAST TIME YOU CAME! :D:D
Bwahahahaha :sn:
UT2k4 is the only thing I play frequently. I don't really have any practice in any of the other games on tap for the LAN.

And if we want to spice UT2k4 up a bit I recommend the Akimbo Arena mod which allows certain weapons to be used two-handedly when multiples are picked up.

SolidxSnake said:
I think i got a prank coming up involving a corded mouse :D

Have fun with that....and you better not touch my MX1000 or violence shall ensue!

Back