• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dye recommendations please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Searching for "Deep Blue Dyelite" doesnt get you very far anywhere. But it seems that many places carry exactly what he used in a different name. Here is one place that sells "Deep Blue" UV Dye which I am 99% sure is the same thing. Then again the dyes at DD actually SAY Dye-lite on the bottle hehe. Im sure with research, both you and I can find exactly what we're looking for.

EDIT: The good people at Tracerline make UV dyes for automotive water and oil based fluid systems leak detection. They do sell a blue variant. It is Tracerline Clear Blue Extended Life Coolant Dye. Product number for the 8oz bottle is TP-3920-0008. I found it via their zip code locator in a store 3 miles from my location. Where will your tracerline UV dye be? ;)

Last edited:
I figured I wouldnt worry about dye... every time I would want to drain my system... I would have to keep track of that water... and its kinda expensive IMO.

I found some UV sensitive tubing... and since I am going to light up my case with UV's... I figured this would work well. Has anyone used UV tubing? I would like to know how effecitve it is, before I buy.

FrozenCPU has UV reactive PUR brand tubing, which I would imagine is pretty good considering PUR is a major water filtration company. Their tubing should last nearly forever.

Back