• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E-mail Sidewinder if you want the biggest, most CFM available!!! (links!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

veryhumid

Hey guys, I have just heard from Sidewinder that Gary may be willing to stock Some GFB or TFB series fans if there is enough demand for them. In particular, the 120x76mm GFB1212VHW and the 120x38mm TFB1212UHE, or any other expensive, very loud delta fan *cough, EC, *cough cough*. He stated they would be selling $40+, so consider that before you e-mail them at [email protected] with "Suggestions" in the subject. Here's a couple links from delta to the series he wants feedback on:

GFB Series

TFB Series

The GFB series goes to about 220CFM with counter-rotating fans, I believe. The TFB series looks like the other monster deltas, it is 38mm thick, doing up to 235CFM and 67.5dB. Those are the maximum performers in both series, there are quieter ones that flow a little less available in each series, check out the PDF for more information. Thanks for looking, and if you are interested, send them an e-mail! Sidewinder has been a really great company for many of us, let's keep them on top :D

Man, look at the air pressure out of that GFB....... notice that the 180CFM version is the only one that's 12V, the other one's 24V so you'd have to run it at half speed if you wanted that one.

Look at the power requirements though........ 2.82A (33.84W) for that single fan! You'd definitely be making your own rheostat for that one :D

Oh hell yeah

veryhumid said:
Hey guys, I have just heard from Sidewinder that Gary may be willing to stock Some GFB or TFB series fans if there is enough demand for them. In particular, the 120x76mm GFB1212VHW and the 120x38mm TFB1212UHE, or any other expensive, very loud delta fan *cough, EC, *cough cough*. He stated they would be selling $40+, so consider that before you e-mail them at [email protected] with "Suggestions" in the subject. Here's a couple links from delta to the series he wants feedback on:

GFB Series

TFB Series

The GFB series goes to about 220CFM with counter-rotating fans, I believe. The TFB series looks like the other monster deltas, it is 38mm thick, doing up to 235CFM and 67.5dB. Those are the maximum performers in both series, there are quieter ones that flow a little less available in each series, check out the PDF for more information. Thanks for looking, and if you are interested, send them an e-mail! Sidewinder has been a really great company for many of us, let's keep them on top :D

My ears were ringing so I figured I had better check the forums and see if someone mentioned my name and low and behold this is what I find. :clap:

Hell yeah I'm emailing Gary.

I mentioned the GFB series to him about a year ago and he told me this would be about the price of them. I would love to get my hands on a

GFB1212VHW 220 CFM Counterrotating fan

and a

TFB1212UHE 234 CFM Monster

even though this one and the TFB1212GHE (220 CFM) both put out nearly twice the pressure (TFB1212UHE 30 mmH20 TFB1212GHE 26.44 mmH20) as the GFB1212VHW (15.04 mmH20) and the same or a little more CFM. That GFB just looks so damn cool.

Time to go send an email

Thank you veryhumid

EC

mtb856 said:
Man, look at the air pressure out of that GFB....... notice that the 180CFM version is the only one that's 12V, the other one's 24V so you'd have to run it at half speed if you wanted that one.

Look at the power requirements though........ 2.82A (33.84W) for that single fan! You'd definitely be making your own rheostat for that one :D

just so no one gets the wrong idea, all of the GFB models have a 12V versions, check out the ratings in the chart below the dimensions and picture. :thup:

I don't believe their is a 3-blade fan in those two series, but by all means e-mail him, I'm sure he'd be open to suggestions!

wow, I just realized my subject makes no sense in the english language, haha. Yeah 67 dB is a lot. You can probably set some air cooling records with that :D

veryhumid said:
wow, I just realized my subject makes no sense in the english language, haha. Yeah 67 dB is a lot. You can probably set some air cooling records with that :D

According to an ancient book i found in my dads study room you would have to wear ear protection in order to work with that noise for more then 4 hours a day :p

veryhumid said:
wow, I just realized my subject makes no sense in the english language, haha.

No worries mate <Australian accent> :cool: As soon as you had "CFM" in the title we all knew you were talking about fans :D

Oh, and "English," in English, is capitalized, proper nouns you know :) Seriously, English is my third language so take my word for it, your grammar is fine--what we don't want to talk about are my typos!

Sjaak said:
According to an ancient book i found in my dads study room you would have to wear ear protection in order to work with that noise for more then 4 hours a day :p

Naa.... your good to go. In most modern countries the limit for hearing protection is 87dba for 8 hours with a 3dba exchage rate (90dba for 4 hours, 84 for 16 etc..) Just don't plan on doing anything that requires the slightest bit of concentration. For NC 35 or so, something around what you need in an office, anything over 40db is pushing it. But hey, who does work at their computer anyway, they are for procrastination, not work.

Back