• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E6600 @ 3.6GHz ON AIR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ya, mine was at 3.6 for a short bit. Got a little nervous with high voltage though so I usually had it at 3.0. Temps got upwards of 55c too. I guess by the time it dies, there will be something better you'll want anyway. 1 year to me, is a long time to have the same build.

Thanks for all of the input guys! Here is my FPO/BATCH# L649G924.

At the moment I lowered my vcore down to 1.52v and I have it clocked at 3.52Ghz (440x8). Small FFTs has been running for 20mins and no problems so far, temps are 52C on both cores. I'm thinking of using these settings 24/7 if it is stable for 12+ hours with Orthos.

Thank you, and yes the vcore is quite high. At idle its 1.574V and at load its 1.568V BUT the highest I have seen my temps is 58C on both cores at full load from Intel TAT. and imo that is low enough to run 24/7.

Do you guys think that my vcore is to high to run 24/7?

Thanks for the input! :)

You'll be ok with those settings. I ran my E6600 at 1.57v over a year at 3.6GHz without any trouble at all. My load temps never exceeded 52c on water, but regardless, I wouldn't worry about 58c either.

Your CPU will die an unexpected sudden death. Due to the heat it produces internally.

I'm talking maybe 365 days- sudden. if you are lucky.

1.4 is the local reccomendation I hear.

Nice OC though.

You're thinking of the 45nm CPU's. His E6600 is a 65nm CPU, they are rated at much higher voltage.

Here is what I did last night:

smallftt3.jpg

IDLE Vcore is 1.520v
LOAD Vcore is 1.512v
9+ Hours Orthos Stable

I was able to get stability at 3.6GHz @ 1.544Vcore, temps on small FFTs only got up to 54C on both cores after 40mins. But I really like my load temps @ 3.52GHz/1.52vcore, only 50C :) Thanks again for the help guys! Maybe its time to water cool this CPU!

Last edited:
I would recommend running prime95 smallfft to see what happens. In my system the prime95 temps are always a couple of degrees hotter.

My e6600 should be here in a couple of days, but I doubt I will be pushing it as hard since it is my 24/7 rig.

Back