• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EA & Some Believe A New Next Gen War Is 2010

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
  • 1080P output (all games)
  • at least a 4x blu-ray drive
  • 500Gb HD
  • THE ABILITY TO USE A KEYBOARD AND MOUSE TO PLAY GAMES!!!!!

Use or buy/build a high spec PC thats practically what your describing there

Last edited:
I guess when you say 3D, you're probably referring to the SMB64 port? Most of the games I've played are on the 16-bit level ie: CastleVania, SMB, StarFox, Phoenix Wright, Professor Layton etc...

edit: Maybe I was a bit hard on it, the FAQS say that it is on par with the N64 graphics wise but has better texturing. If that is indeed the case then I haven't really played any games I would consider on the level of say Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire or Conker64 or even Clayfighter64....... SMB64 is pretty much it as far as I've seen.

they put mario 64 on the ds? werid, no i was talking about some werid *** game my little cousin had.

yea star fox on SNES was 3d but it also had a co processor thingy bulit into the cart, but it was almost all polygon no textures, still its a cool game.
F Zero and Mario Kart are 3d ish aswell, completely flat turining ground serface, was barely 3d and in all reality not well rendered but were talking 1992 graphics when we talk 16 bit and still the same with star fox was a fun game.

wow most of what i typed doesent have much to do with the conversation, some of it does i just got to thinkin about how muck i like to play those games i said. well either way you know what i mean.

I want keyboard and mouse support for my console and I have a PC that can play games pretty well.

I think MS said the reason they did not implement Keyboard/Mosue support was that they didnt want the 360 to be just another computer. I have a console for the games, I'm not going to word process or anything on my 360, so why can't I have my superior controller.

Mario Kart DS actually looks better than Mario Kart 64 in regards to 3d stuff...

2010=2011 seems about right for the next console to me in the console life span, thats about when the hardwhere will start to get dated, so I don't see what the problem is.

I want keyboard and mouse support for my console and I have a PC that can play games pretty well.

I think MS said the reason they did not implement Keyboard/Mosue support was that they didnt want the 360 to be just another computer. I have a console for the games, I'm not going to word process or anything on my 360, so why can't I have my superior controller.

I thought the reason microsoft didn't want full keyboard/mouse support was due to the fact that they openly told everyone that it would give the keyboard/mouse users a unfair advantage in online games vs the people using a controller.

though, i wouldn't doubt if it was a mix of both reasons.

I thought the reason microsoft didn't want full keyboard/mouse support was due to the fact that they openly told everyone that it would give the keyboard/mouse users a unfair advantage in online games vs the people using a controller.

though, i wouldn't doubt if it was a mix of both reasons.

Hmm... then we had M$ and FASA claiming the opposite when Shadowrun was release.

Oh and as far as the power of the DS hardware goes, I think ID software are meant to be squeezing Quake 3 onto it which should be pretty impressive.

Back