• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EK D5 clicking noise

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kiklop32

Registered
Hello,

I have just instaled new D5 pump and this is what I get:

The pump is clicking...

It is not connected to PWM as Mobo cant recognize it and many articles claim that without PWM it is running 40 - 60%. I can see it in BIOS ( RPM ) but i can not control it in BIOS or in AI suite .Flow is ofcourse running but the noise is just annoing. It did not run dry.

So is it defective?

Thank you.

It is not the mixer sound of air inside and I belive there is noo air inside. It sounds like plastic to plastic hit.

Yeah I would drain the loop and take the D5 apart. Check inside the impeller & the ceramic bearing. Also check to be sure the housing & top are seated correctly and the O-ring isn't pinched inside.

I love the D5. One helluva pump!

Agree as well. I also would check the pump but one question I do have, how old is this loop since being put together? I ask because its quite possible its just trapped air as it can take days, weeks or even months for a loop to be fully bled.

^This. ANd it sounds sometimes llike a rattling noise.

I had the issue in my build in sig. I thought the pump was defect as the noise was horrible and really sounding "mechanical".

I took hours of flushing before getting rid of the stupid bubbles.

GTXJackBauer - just few about a day of run but there is no air inside I turn the case almost 360° so I am pretty surry there is non and also air inside has different kind of noise I would say higher frequency.

- - - Updated - - -

Opened case:

GTXJackBauer - just few about a day of run but there is no air inside I turn the case almost 360° so I am pretty surry there is non and also air inside has different kind of noise I would say higher frequency.

- - - Updated - - -

Opened case:

Not always, see my previous post. I had exactly the same noise: "trttrttrtttrttt". It is really a rattling noise sometimes. I'de drain and flush for a couple of hours before.

Edit : just noticed I did not finish my post! ... before changing the pump.

Last edited:
Back