• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Engine Ice coolant for PC water cooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I already knew all of what you said.

Maybe we can contact AMD & Intel and ask them if they can make their CPUs get as hot as a gas engine LOLOLOL (Joking)

Yeah water coolant for lower temps. Glycol for higher temps or mixed metals.

eventhough just jokingly.. good point though..
I wonder will there come a day where some SUPER chip will require some more serious cooling. :) well, they need a breakthrough on silicate technology to raise the melting point first.. but for some reason.. I actually see that a possibility in the next decade or something. hehe.

Glycol is mostly water. Antifreeze has great properties that work great in motocraft stuff. We have a much easier time, so we don't need all the goodies, distilled and a biocide is all we need, and it's CHEAP. Did I mention cheap?

Glycol is mostly water. Antifreeze has great properties that work great in motocraft stuff. We have a much easier time, so we don't need all the goodies, distilled and a biocide is all we need, and it's CHEAP. Did I mention cheap?
I thought glycol was glycol ...propylene glycol being C3H8O2 :sly:

Well yea, but it's added to water in cars. I'm looking more at the PC side where 30% is common, or 50% in cars.

Your right, don't think the kid meant pure glycol.

Looks like another argument is starting up calling me a "kid" on forums. There's been a lot of positive points in this forum, lets keep it flowing smooth and stick to the point.

I meant ethylene glycol. I'm thinking about 30% anti-freeze and 70% water and a biocide just to be on the safe side. I really don't want to buy a res but if i have to i will. I thought the pressure cap and large water chambers would be enough considering cars don't have a res to remove air. I guess because the flow is so high.

Most car water pumps are at least 4000GPH with A LOT of head pressure and driven by the engine so having all that restriction is a walk in the park for a car water pump. Though i have seen electric pumps for cars as i was once was considering a TIG welded race car rad at one time.

Back