• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ever feel like your Intel can handle anything thrown at it with ease?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How does the folding team here compare to the one at XS? I tried to install it on my work computer but I dont have admin access. Ill be folding once I finish all the OC tweaking things on my conroe at home.

It doesnt compair we are better =)

we have a pretty active user base in the folding section , and we are #3 int he world :attn:

||Console|| said:
It doesnt compair we are better =)

we have a pretty active user base in the folding section , and we are #3 int he world :attn:

And if you all can help us increase our # of active members, we could truly aspire to move to the top!!!!!

Although we are #3 in total production to date, we are actually #1 amongst the top teams in production per active member :D

... so all we need is more members :)

There are lots of helpful members hanging out regularly in the folding forum ... and NO QUESTION EVER GOES UNANSWERED :)

and as MD said in his original post ... we are all doing it for a great cause :)

greenmaji said:
Don't race out, stay, read, learn, fold the C2D's ;)
Well, I do have a few borged Intel boxen (one 24/7, one laptop that's only up when in use, two status questionable, and one poor Tualatin that is probably a lost cause...that thing was truly painful to watch fold when I owned it)...so I guess I'm in both camps then :D No C2D's though...

*wanders back in, brings pumpkin bread*

nikhsub1 said:
Umm, I just have 1 question. What is folding?

For those who aren't part of the team yet, or are fairly new, or haven't kept track of the stats much, this guy here is THE MAN as far as Folding goes. :D

Anyway, keep on Folding guys! The new Core2Duos kick butt!

Also, I might add that if any of you guys want to temporarilly shut down Folding for some intense gaming or benchmarking (even though it hardly makes a difference), you can just nuke the FAHconsole and the FAHcore processes in the task manager and they will reappear when you restart the computer. If you want it off for good :cry: then just wipe out the programfiles/FAH folder. :cool:

@md0Cer said:
For those who aren't part of the team yet, or are fairly new, or haven't kept track of the stats much, this guy here is THE MAN as far as Folding goes. :D

Anyway, keep on Folding guys! The new Core2Duos kick butt!

Also, I might add that if any of you guys want to temporarilly shut down Folding for some intense gaming or benchmarking (even though it hardly makes a difference), you can just nuke the FAHconsole and the FAHcore processes in the task manager and they will reappear when you restart the computer. If you want it off for good :cry: then just wipe out the programfiles/FAH folder. :cool:

:eek:

Best stopping the service properly! Don't want to lose data.

@md0Cer said:

*gasp* *gasp* *gasp*

I highly suggest creating a shortcut to Services.msc on your desktop, and stopping the service. If you just nuke the process from task manager, you will loose all the data from the current frame, possibly the whole Work Unit, or you might corrupt the data and send corrupted data back to stanford! Not a good thing.

Also, if you wipe out the folder, the service will still be there so it will still try to run it on startup. If you take F@H off your computer, make sure you delete the services from services.msc as well.

Guys we need your help. Overclockers.com has a terrific reputation, and one of the reasons we're well known is because of our folding team. For the past year our production has barely increased while Maximum PC Magazine has exploded and will eventually overtake us! We cant let T32 fall out of the T3, and more, we shouldn't be happy with only third, we need to reclaim first from [H]!

The competitive side of F@H is fun, though, nothing can compare to the feeling you get from helping defeat diseases like ALS (AKA Lou Gehrig's Disease), Alzheimer's, and certain types of Cancer.

There really are no downsides except in the cost. The difference is probably $15 a month from running a 24/7 idle machine -> 24/7 folding machine. You wont notice a performance difference at all. I used to stop folding when I played games, but then I got lazy and decided to just leave it going. I've yet to find a game that I could tell the difference.

In short; F@H is fun and we want to be the best, Donating idle cpu cycles to defeat diseases is a worthy cause, and few downsides.

Please join the Fold.

Back