• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA P55 LE dead?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mstersmith

I have had this board for some time and it has been rode hard and put away wet! I swapped a Gigabyte board and gave the EVGA one to my wife where it has been ran at stock clocks for about 2 years. I disconnected everything the other night to clean the case and when I reconnected everything it turns the lights and fans on but the video card is not recognized. This is has happened before and it was a quick bios reset. Not so this time. I took the battery out for several hours, pulled mem sticks, used back up memory I know is good and nothing. Think the board is dead or the CPU?

A couple things to try:

1. Connect your monitor to the motherboard's integrated video output. If you have video, go to bios and set the GPU to "PCIE." Then connect your monitor to the GPU's output, and reset.

2. Remove the GPU and clean out the PCIE slot with canned air / bicycle pump or whatever. Re-seat GPU, and test.

A couple things to try:

1. Connect your monitor to the motherboard's integrated video output. If you have video, go to bios and set the GPU to "PCIE." Then connect your monitor to the GPU's output, and reset.

2. Remove the GPU and clean out the PCIE slot with canned air / bicycle pump or whatever. Re-seat GPU, and test.

Thanks for the response. There is no integrated video on this board :( The board has done this in the past when I was OC with it. I really think it may be done this time. I cleaned everything with my air compressor that's what started all of this. I was doing my monthly cleaning and when I reconnected everything it would not register anything other than the fans spinning including the cpu and lights on the board with error code 16 which is suppose to be ram but that did not fix the issue.

Problem solved! DarkNecron you gave me an idea. I put an old video card in there and it posted reset the Bios and noticed I may have hit the dual bios switch over on her 6970 putting it on an old OC profile I had gernaded lol.

Back