• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA Z87 FTW post loops on cold or warm boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Puffnstuff

This is my second evga z87 ftw motherboard that has had an issue with post looping. The amount of loops appears to be random as they differ each time I cold boot or restart. EVGA seems to think that it is my hardware but everything I have has passed the diagnostics. I've run the intel processor diagnostic tool, memtest 5.01 and my power supply, enermas platimax 1350w, is supplying clean power well within specs. I started filming the boot process so for your enjoyment I present to you
. I've had to complain loudly to get their attention but yesterday evga agreed to replace it with a z97 ftw which is what I asked them to do in the first place because I have a 4790k and felt like that has something to do with my problem. If you do have the z87 ftw I would suggest that you don't bother the bios 1 1.01 version of the firmware and only run off the bios 2 sice and experiment with different bios versions on bios 2 only. I saw a relationship between the two different versions and a change in behavior once I flashed the bios 1 side to a higher version of the firmware even though both sides are supposed to be independent of one another.

Well, Im glad they finally came around...

Not sure what you are trying to explain with the two bios though........

I wanted to say that evga did replace the z87 ftw with the z97 ftw and then it wouldn't boot and neither would an asus maximus vii hero which all points to the cpu. I have applied for an intel rma so I can get it replaced and get my pc back up and running.

Back