• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Exchange 2010 - "Requesting data from [exchange server]" hangups

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

syypher

I've tried everything in my capabilities to fix this issue but I can't think of any further steps to take to resolve this issue.

We have Exch 2010 with more than capable hardware on Server 2008 I believe. Exceeds the recommended requirements. We are running Outlook 2007 and 2010 in the environment.

The issue: EVERYday at around 10:20a~ish and 2:20p~ish SPECIFIC users get the popup "Requesting data from exchange server" and it hangs for about 5-15 minutes. After that time it settles and then begins to act like normal again. This is very annoying for our users and I've tried everything I can think of. Note that it is only specific users and there is nothing we can find that they have in common. They use different versions of Outlook, some have no add-ins at all, they are in different buildings (all connected point to point fiber), they are connected to switches that other users are connected to that do not experience the issue... I specifically do not experience the issue but my boss and several others do.

I've tried:
-Turning off/removing all add-ins

-Uninstalling ShoreTel Outlook addons (read an article this might be the issue, but its not)

-Increasing the RAM to 32GB on the exchange server.

-Monitoring traffic on the exch server to see if there are any crazy spikes in performance at this time and nothing

-Disabling the anti-virus and checking the exch anti-virus settings

Anyone ever experience this issue before? If so, what did you do to fix it? Any suggestions on what I can try/test next to get this resolved?

Attached is the specific message we are getting.

Attachments

• 20121217_144654_resized.jpg
    20121217_144654_resized.jpg
    705.3 KB · Views: 59
Back