• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Experimenting with an AMD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That was evil. Maybe I missed it, but what voltage did it take to reach that? And why did you throw away nearly $150 in hardware?

OMG, hehe I smell photoshop and a dead cpu. Why didnt you show the whole graph? I bet it was because the cpu didnt realy have those numbers so you cut off the bars and replaced the numbers. Im just making wild guesses?!

Hmm.. 2700mhz 1700+ and you killed it.. what a waste.. mind mailing me the CPU? :) I would flame the hell out of you for knowing nothing about AMD to begin with, but I would probably get a nice mod warning for it. I would say a 2700mhz AMD = a good 3.6ghz P4.

Permanoob said:
Feeling the warm glow of sarcasm from Damian's post. You could roast a hot dog off of that.

WINNER! Can't believe so many of you took this so seriously...

That was Gautam's old rig. Yes, both the NF7 and proc were dead. In case you were wondering, I'm using a 1700+ @ 2150 in my rig. I'd kill for one of these DLT3Cs; too bad this one died of natural causes.

OMG, hehe I smell photoshop and a dead cpu. Why didnt you show the whole graph? I bet it was because the cpu didnt realy have those numbers so you cut off the bars and replaced the numbers. Im just making wild guesses?!

Nope, no photoshop. Look at the molten plastic; it would be kinda hard to fake that. Graphs are real; they were taken by Gautam before the proc died.

Theres no sane person alive who would do this. Which is why nothing happened and its one big joke.

Bit early there, damien. 8 days too early :p

ha ha.........................................................................................................................................

Damian said:

WINNER! Can't believe so many of you took this so seriously...

That was Gautam's old rig. Yes, both the NF7 and proc were dead. In case you were wondering, I'm using a 1700+ @ 2150 in my rig. I'd kill for one of these DLT3Cs; too bad this one died of natural causes.

Nope, no photoshop. Look at the molten plastic; it would be kinda hard to fake that. Graphs are real; they were taken by Gautam before the proc died.

Just for the peeps who missed it.

It was a joke!!!

Yuriman said:

I don't remember why I cropped the picture so much, but I assure you it pulled those numbers. I had it fullscreen at some hi-res or something, and there was no point in showing the bars. It outdid all reference results. The 10k felt great. I really didn't have anything to prove to anyone, just snapped a pic for the hell of it. It took real cold temps to do that (15°C). It's no mobile Barton.

dippy_skoodlez said:

Thats odd... I coulda sword I saw a 2600mhz barton do 11k....

No way that's possible. 11k would require 2925 MHz. In real-world, probably a couple MHz more. I got around 9800 at 2.63GHz.
Originally posted by hitechjb1

- XP 1700+ DLT3C (256KB L2) = 9560 / 2558 = 3.74 instructions / cycle (tested result)
- Barton 3000+ (512KB L2) = 8130 / 2160 = 3.76 instructions / cycle
- XP 2600+ (256KB L2) = 7829 / 2080 = 3.76 instructions / cycle

Great hardware while it lasted, at least it went out with a bang.

Back