• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Extreme coolers unite ....again :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
/cry /sigh the vapo LS took a dump on me, Luckily all my components are good, what happened is the power converter for the vapo unit malfunctioned and caused it to fail, I noticed the temps rising dramatically, and luckily shut off my unit in time. I am in the process of replacing it for a new one /sigh..... just thought Id let you know

Exempt said:
/cry /sigh the vapo LS took a dump on me, Luckily all my components are good, what happened is the power converter for the vapo unit malfunctioned and caused it to fail, I noticed the temps rising dramatically, and luckily shut off my unit in time. I am in the process of replacing it for a new one /sigh..... just thought Id let you know
ouch, that hurts even worse then the pain i am feeling right now.
i was cleaning my 3.2 that runs at 4.2 easy and i accidently dropped it.:cry: :cry: :cry: i broke off a corner pin. i have tried everything including breaking a piece of syringe needle to stick in the hole to get it to work right.
talk about tiny stuff. it runs fine but everytime i boot it says new cpu installed so i cant OC it. time for a new 3.2 i guess

btw- just want to thanks you exempt for all the help with the mach 1. it seems to have no condensation now that ive taped the back screws and covered the front ones with strang.(seal string)
and the silicone seems to be a bonus.:D thanks;)

Well I got tired of waiting for the HORRIBLE support team from Vapochill, I ended up opening my vapo LS, disconnecting the fans from the cheesy crap PCB, cutting out the transistors, rewired it, and connected them to my vantec fan controller which just came, and the unit is working just as fine as it did before. So for now, Im a happy camper atm. Oh and also Asetek fixed the buggy chillcontrol center, so now I can adjust settings via windows, such as the temp of my heatpads :), on the vapo LS , there is one on the front and one on the back. Ill post pics soon.

Exempt said:
Well I got tired of waiting for the HORRIBLE support team from Vapochill, I ended up opening my vapo LS, disconnecting the fans from the cheesy crap PCB, cutting out the transistors, rewired it, and connected them to my vantec fan controller which just came, and the unit is working just as fine as it did before. So for now, Im a happy camper atm. Oh and also Asetek fixed the buggy chillcontrol center, so now I can adjust settings via windows, such as the temp of my heatpads :), on the vapo LS , there is one on the front and one on the back. Ill post pics soon.
my mach 1 fans are running off of a nexus fan controller.
the only thing with it is when i boot up after sitting for a while i have to let the promey run to 0°C before i boot my system and the fans are powered off of the same psu as the comp.

the promey powers off of a 12 volt transformer though to turn that on, just the fans are like what you are doing now.
always loving to see pics, looking forward to them.

yah bro , same deal with my mach units and my vapo LS, they dont turn the fans on till the mobo boots up as well, but it works just fine, Ive monitored temps on the compressors to make sure that there not getting hot before the fans kick on. The highest temp I got with the room ambient temp at a hellish 84F, the compressor was only 71.2F, then the fans kicked on and started countering the heatload, with the fans on while its booting, the temp on the compressor is about 68.5~, from cold boot, which it raises in temp anyways as the compressor balances the CPU workload, btw Ill post the pics now.

I have two digital cameras, and Id have to say I HATE this one that I used, Im about to ebay it or something, it doesnt focus right, anyways here the pics they came out blurry a little.. oh well, I like my sony camera its much much better. I just use this one cause its a small camera /shrug

The LCD 4" crystalfontz is pretty awesome, I can monitor frags in a game, my uptime, the date, weather, notifies me when I get a new email via POP3, Temps on everything, memory usage, network bandwidth, CPU load. Oh yah and I can put my name on there :p , and some simple animations and screensavers. I like it, although I did want a 6" full color LCD so I could have my security cameras on there, so I can see when people come to the door, so i can turn the voulme down and act like Im not home :p, the worst thing is having to stop in the middle of a game, shut off the sound and monitor and close my office doors when a hot chick drops by. .. aghhh the life of a closet computer geek. . . lol

Crystalfontz is a company that makes programmable LCD's, which you can see taking up the top two 5.25 bay slots on my computer, I really have to say, that I like it a lot, and it makes it look awesome, sexy, yet proffessional. :) The monitor is a Viewsonic G22fb 21" inch monitor (20" viewable) I like it a lot, although it takes a lot of my desktop real estate.

Exempt said:
Crystalfontz is a company that makes programmable LCD's, which you can see taking up the top two 5.25 bay slots on my computer, I really have to say, that I like it a lot, and it makes it look awesome, sexy, yet proffessional. :) The monitor is a Viewsonic G22fb 21" inch monitor (20" viewable) I like it a lot, although it takes a lot of my desktop real estate.
desktop real estate= work bench lol
do you have a link from where you got the lcd thing?

Back