• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Extreme coolers unite ....again :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
it was definately a condensation issue this thread was also of help, pressing the insert key got me back into bios
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=288215
im back on stock HS and i beleive it was condensation.
i did not cover the screws, and i didnt cover the back of the cpu area with the silicone, although i think the condensation was from the front area. but stilkl not positive. there was some moisture in that area.
im glad i dont have to rma it or have it repaired. i have to look at this as part of my learning. when life slaps you offer it the other MB as well.lol

Are you using enough seal string on the front? I usually use about three layers of it, just to be extra safe, also, make sure you put some seal string over the allen wrench bolts that holds the mach unit to the CPU.

and...here is my new rig, almost finished....

Attachments

• abra.jpg
    abra.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 787
awesome rig, im experimenting with airflow right now, its pretty cool to have the whole comp up and running on railroad ties with no case.my vidcard gets hot!!! the little chips on it, i got some bga chips for it so im gonna hook this mb up real nice and then ill make sure that i get no air in the hermetic cell. i didnt use seal on the allen bolts either.
im gonna leave it run as is all night, i got a 3.2 stock cooler, vga silencer, a nb 6000 rpm fan installed and a 92mm panaflo H blowing cool air across the board.
MB-16C
CPU-42C
full load temps folding

Honestly I cant totally remember what my mach II temps were before I did the gas mod on the mach II, but this new vapochill unit, even when I got the CPU 3.2ee @ 4.1-4.2, WITH load its about -48c (ACTUAL temp), while the LCD reads -52c, on idle this sucker gets to -64c. I like this unit just as much as my gas modded mach II unit, although atm , there are some software problems with the usb interface control center for it, Vapochill says on there website they plan to have it fixed by the end of this week.

i am going to go get the silicone grease from radioshack today.
i think no matter how well i seal it it will still have some condensation so i need to protect the board from water.
i sent 3 boards back because of this, they probably fired right up as soon as they dried out. well thats great news for refurbished p4c800e-d at newegg, i think thats what they do with them.

i got some new sealstring from carquest store (its alot larger 5/16)
so that should help also. it was under 10.00
http://products3.3m.com/catalog/us/...cPageHandler/theme_us_innovativesolutions_3_0

lol rhino, IF you seal it correct, there is no condensation in the cell, Ive got mine running at insane speeds, giving the unit a heavy load, my computer room at my home, is so hot since I have 9 rigs in there , all overclocked cept one of em, so even with the AC on, it is always about 15 degrees hotter than the rest of the house...and still, I have no condensation in that cell... Its all in preperation method. I take many many steps before I feel that its condensation proof, and would be glad to illustrate them for you, kinda walk you through it. :)

Exempt said:
lol rhino, IF you seal it correct, there is no condensation in the cell, Ive got mine running at insane speeds, giving the unit a heavy load, my computer room at my home, is so hot since I have 9 rigs in there , all overclocked cept one of em, so even with the AC on, it is always about 15 degrees hotter than the rest of the house...and still, I have no condensation in that cell... Its all in preperation method. I take many many steps before I feel that its condensation proof, and would be glad to illustrate them for you, kinda walk you through it. :)
well certainly i would be thankful.
i tried to get some of that silicone grease today but couldnt find it at radioshack and at an electronics store.
is the di-electric grease ok to use on the back of the mb?

Im not sure exactyl the properties of di electric grease, but it HAS to be 100% non conductive, and not contain acid, and some other chemicals, a hardcore electronics shop should have some, if not you can order it online, ill try to find a website that has it, some hardcore modding stores carry it. Or you can order swiftechs stuff, but thats rather exspensive imo.

glad you found it. took me 2 days to track it down. And just so everyone knows Radio Shack does nt carry it. And most computer shops done either. Also no hardware stores have it they have something close to it but it conducts electricity. So call your local auto parts store they will help yea.

Lotec25

in researching the different types of grease i have found that there are several different that are all pretty much the same.
i found like 4 different types that were from different companies but all had the same characteristic properties.
usually if it meets these requirements then it should be the same stuff.

white opaque
dielectric
it will be called compound not grease
the temp range will be -40F to 400F

all of the ones i found had those characteristics.

Dang I forgot about that one, yah they sell stuff that works perfectly at auto stores too, its to insulate your light bulbs on your head lights from road salt and water and dust, its 100% non conductive, BUT it costs more for less at the auto stores. I got mine froma local electronics hobby shop, called Abletronics, they guys there are totally weird, but super smart lol

Back