• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Extreme water cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Videocard length would be a concern with that thing up there. Notice he doesn't have a middle fan on the inside? I bet there is no more than 10" there..

I've already thrown in what I want. Just hoping the discount is good.

Agreed. The linked pics show he is full push with 2/3 pull.

Videocard length would be a concern with that thing up there. Notice he doesn't have a middle fan on the inside? I bet there is no more than 10" there..

Do either of you have a recommendation on a case that would house the beast of a radiator or two I'd like to put in it? I'd like one for video and one for cpu. I think two would be enough. What do you think?

For the massive amount of water you're looking at, I'd go no smaller than the Obsidian 900D. That's if you're being budget minded. If you truly wanted to go all out water look at MountainMods or Caselabs. All excellent choices and highly modifiable.

Actually My indoor Extreme OC Cooler is ready for a session tonight. This is the last chance i'll get to post scores for the RR. I will report back with my results later.

EXTWC.jpg

LOL this is a continuation from an older post of his freezer packed with bacon, broccolli... and radiators. There was concern on my part that he would thaw the bacon and potentially ruin perfectly good breakfast meat. Which of course is a sin here in the States.

I think this is what was being hinted at in that post.

freezer 2.jpg

I was thinking about a freezer. Figured the wife would Lil me if I put one in my game room. I'm already running out of room.

They don't work was the point I alluded to above by defrosting it. They are meant to get things cold and keep them there, not to constantly run and cool off a constant heat source.

They don't work was the point I alluded to above by defrosting it. They are meant to get things cold and keep them there, not to constantly run and cool off a constant heat source.
A lot of that depends on how much water/glycol you're using. I can run a good 1-2 hrs with a CPU only. But you're right they only work so long but I come back tomorrow and can do the same. Now If I were creative and the freezer wasn't needed I'd fill it half way with 100 gallons and see how long that would last. Right now I'd say it's close to 4-5 gallons

I'm talking about the freezer and the temps it can keep. If its just air and fans (post 33), you will defrost that freezer (depending on the load). But if you are submerged in a bucket, that is a different story and it will take longer to happen.

Yeah , I know exactly what you're saying. I don't run the fans in there, the pump,rad and res live in that freezer. They only come out if I'm havving some issue like a week ago I got an air lock and couldn't get the pump to start.

Back