• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H Leader(s) Nominations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
TollhouseFrank said:
my acceptance still kinda requires a team leader/team leaders to say that the position i was nominated for was necessary, and that they agree to it... wouldn't be quite fair otherwise.

Ok as team leader of True_Amd_Folders I hereby declare your position as neccessary and I am in agreement with your nomination.

Hows that? :)

I second. third, fourth, fith, etc Nik's idea of one team leadier directing the varous team area leaders.

of course audiio. remember, I put a big disclaimer in Yellow at the beggining of the thread. This isn't an official thread on any of this... sorta like a... 'feel it out' thread... of course we need a head leader... possibly a 2 headed leadership, which i agree with some of the others. David and I.M.O.G. seem to be the choice.

TollhouseFrank said:
of course audiio. remember, I put a big disclaimer in Yellow at the beggining of the thread. This isn't an official thread on any of this... sorta like a... 'feel it out' thread... of course we need a head leader... possibly a 2 headed leadership, which i agree with some of the others. David and I.M.O.G. seem to be the choice.
there should only be one leader, a bird with 2 heads may want to fly 2 ways, if that happens then their will be alot of feathers lost.

Yes...but it's better IMO than having a singlehanded decision on everything. I doubt anything catastrophic will happen like you say rhino.

Whatever I am wanted for, I will gladly help out. I have exams mid-april to early-may but can keep up a decent level of activity. After that its the summer and Ill probably spend too much time on the internet anyway :p

I second/third/fourth/fifth/ninehundredandthirtysevenpointeight/whatever IMOGs nomination.

If the two people doing the job get on well then a two person leadership should work IMHO. Naturally electing two people who hate each others guts would be a big mistake. Me and IMOG get on pretty well, and are well practised in distracting each other from each others work via AIM :p

Seven said:
Yes...but it's better IMO than having a singlehanded decision on everything. I doubt anything catastrophic will happen like you say rhino.

but what happens if there is a difference of opinion? kinda like we are having now? you say there should be 2 i say 1.

Perhaps we should look to the way the forums as a whole are run. For a while it was just Skip. Then for a while it was just Shadow. Then for a while it was just Newbie_Doo. Now it is Mr B and Lutawicasa.

If you were setting up a server for a decent sized organization which ran an important server, wouldn't that be nice if you had a redundant clone? If the primary server would become unavailable for any reason, the secondary one would be online to take care of whatever services were necessary.

I like the idea of having two Team Leaders... Not for the reasons mentioned earlier which indicated a balance of power though. The TEAM leaders will only enact the will of the team members while acting in agreement... They will implement the TEAMS decisions. Two team leaders will ensure consistency. If one team leader is unavailable due to RL, vacation, work, weekend, sleep, the other will be available to fulfill the duties.

BTW, I second strat's motion for a fight to the death.

I.M.O.G. said:
Perhaps we should look to the way the forums as a whole are run. For a while it was just Skip. Then for a while it was just Shadow. Then for a while it was just Newbie_Doo. Now it is Mr B and Lutawicasa.

If you were setting up a server for a decent sized organization which ran an important server, wouldn't that be nice if you had a redundant clone? If the primary server would become unavailable for any reason, the secondary one would be online to take care of whatever services were necessary.

I like the idea of having two Team Leaders... Not for the reasons mentioned earlier which indicated a balance of power though. The TEAM leaders will only enact the will of the team members while acting in agreement... They will implement the TEAMS decisions. Two team leaders will ensure consistency. If one team leader is unavailable due to RL, vacation, work, weekend, sleep, the other will be available to fulfill the duties.

BTW, I second strat's motion for a fight to the death.
i agree with whatever IMOG says to do, he is the leader.

Seven said:
With that, I nominate I.M.O.G. and David for Co-leader positions.

I'm hurt, is this because I think you're a "n00btard that will make our website look like it's in paint"? :D

So I think there are enough nominations for IMOG and David to be co-leaders, now what?

I also support the nomination(s) of IMOG and David as co-leaders... a certain amount of redundancy is a great thing, and i suspect even with two leaders, we will still be a skosh more organized (which would be kinda nice...:) not that im complaining though).

IMOG / David
Maybe: @md0Cer / Arkaine23 (not only Linux guru)
Allan Nielsen - you're a real veteran, but I see you posting so rarely. If you're going back to forum, you get my nomination too. It would be inproper not to nominate Team32 founder. So if there are some other founders who are active and I don't know them to be founders, they get my nomination too.

just got back with IMOG... we WILL have an official Poll put in place (by i believe Luta). This will set F@H leadership. Anything beyond that is pretty much up to whoever is elected leader.

I of course am happy to manage "recruitment" as that is what I am already doing, however, I wish to decline your nomination rhino. Thanks for the support, but as time allows, I think all I am capable of here is managing "recruitment" and maybe taking things a wee bit further, as in helping out with a newsletter and of course focusing my efforts more on whatever the team leader suggests.

If I were the team leader I don't think I would have the resources to manage the Folding Mentor Project (recruitment).

Although, I would have to agree that I.M.O.G. and David would be excellent people for 1st and 2nd in command of the whole effort, in no particular order as they both are very capable.

ok.... nominations recently updated by dark_15, and voting will get under way as soon as David and Luta get things worked out... i left it up to them, as i am on major painkillers and ain't articulate enough to get things thought through.

Eh... something....
yeah...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wedo said:
I'm hurt, is this because I think you're a "n00btard that will make our website look like it's in paint"? :D

Hmm....I live close enough to take Nikh off your hands for a couple hours while you rule over all that is Team 32-ville. :D

Well, I'm glad to see my suggestion panned out so well...wow....

Back