• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H Spotlight #43

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
This is the 43th in the series of T32 Spotlights!! I'll try my best to keep this Spotlight as regular post as possible as long as the nominations keep coming in!! So, keep sending me the nomination guys/gals!!!

For how to go about nominating a fellow folder, please go to THIS THREAD, or better yet, you can PM me directly. To see the ever growing list of who has been interviewed and the expected date of the next spotlight, please go to THIS THREAD.

Also, for any of the suggestions/questions/answers/etc. that you would like to see from other member, please PM me too!!

Now please give a warm welcome to..........................

lennytiger

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When did you join the Team? Approximate date is ok if you don't know the specific date.
A good six years ago! I joined in the days of F@H Version 1, so it must be sometime in 2000.

If there was something recent that you did that you wanted your fellow team members to know about, what would it be?
Hmm, Ordered a new rig. The stats are below and the motherboard is dual CPU ready but I decided to jump on the Intel bandwagon, I wanted to check how well HT really works before I go for a dual core.

What is your EOC (extremeoverclockers) stats link?
EOC

You do not have to give specifics (address), but what State do you live in, and if you don't mind telling, what town? (town is not required, but if not a town, a general direction and distance from the nearest 'big town/city' would suffice)
I live in a little town in South Africa called Knysna. That would be in the Wester Cape Province which is about four hours from Cape Town. I like it hear if anyone fancies a holiday I'm open to PMs :cool: We'll go for a :beer:

How did you initially hear about F@H?
It was most probably on the front page of OC.com so I started reading up a bit about it and thought, hey
I could really help out in the world doing this. So I joined the forums posted a bit and them joined the fold.

After starting, why do you continue to Fold?
I've had several family member have trouble with cancer, and an aunt of mine recently died, I suppose
it's really in the hope, that one day, people won't suffer like they had to.

What do you do for a living?
I'm an electrician and I run my own businesses. I'm only eighteen and I already pay into a pension fund. I am also a musician singer/songwriter as well as a studio engineer and make music in my spare time.

What do you do for fun?
I would have to say gaming, making music, in the summer the beach is real hot here in SA and spending time with my better half.

Is there anything special you do in your spare time that you really enjoy?
Hmm, that would have to be writing songs I guess, and making music, I'm mainly a guitarist, but i'll play anything I can get my hands on.

Time to spill your guts. What are the stats of your main folding rig? Why is it your fave? What all do you use the rig for?
He right now it's very difficult to say. I'm in the process of upgrading the main rig but for now it is:
Celeron [email protected]
Gigabyte Mobo, don't even know what!
Dual Channel 256Mb JetRam DDR 400
Radeon 9600 Pro @425/220
LG DVD-RW
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

However it will soon be:
ASRock 775Dual-880Pro Via PT880 Pro Motherboard
P4 531 [email protected] (for now) with HT
ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 256Mb @425/210
Seagate 80Gb HDD, 2 x 256Mb DDR400 JetRAM
LG DVD-RW
SB Audigy 2 ZS

Do you have a Borg-Farm? If so, how many computers, and what are they? (CPU, RAM)
I have more of a borg town, every computer I see that I can get my hands on gets borged in this town! So you could say it is a borg farm of sorts. Most are Celeron D from 2GHz up to 3Ghz and a couple of P4 rigs as well.

What are your future goals? What do you most want to accomplish with your life?
I'd have to say I'd still like to do things like travel the world over (never been to the States, and various European places), help people in need, and help humanity, by saving lives through medical developments and technology (Folding) and I guess being everything that I already am and more.

If there is something you want to tell the team, then spill your guts! What have I missed in my questions that could help the team learn more about you and who you are?
I'd like to plug team Yatta if I may, not as a specific subteam but more as a hell of a lot of fun. Yatta takes old CPU rigs (classified as sub 1.5GHz now) and lets them fold for Team Yatta, to see if a whole lot of Golden Oldies can take down the likes of the Opteron and the Conroe.

Merlin7777 said:
Damn man, your only eighteen!?

I am seventeen, but sure as hell don't have my own business.

I'm nineteen now.

:) lol

Yeah, its not easy being "old" so young, but it has its perks. Like the fact I can cruise in my brand new Renault Clio which I have to say I love. Do you get those in the States cos' you really should drive one. :) (Renault Plug)

WarriorII said:
Wow! South Africa.

Great to know more about another one of our deticated members. :)

:attn:

Ya, being prouldy English and South African might be a little different but I started folding in england and just because i moved countries doesn't mean i can't still fold with pride.

Right now South Africa has +- 50Ghz of machines folding and a lot of that is me :)

Glad to meet you Lenny :)

Nice to have such an industrious South African folder on the team :thup:

My brother has told me how beautiful south africa is ... he really enjoyed the time he spent working there a few years ago.

Fold on!

:beer: :beer:

Great to meet you Lenny T.
foldon.gif

pscout said:
Glad to meet you Lenny :)

Nice to have such an industrious South African folder on the team :thup:

My brother has told me how beautiful south africa is ... he really enjoyed the time he spent working there a few years ago.

Fold on!

:beer: :beer:

It is a beautiful place, it just gets hot. Like over 40'C (100F) - i think) which makes folding a little more difficult.

lennytiger said:
I'm nineteen now.

:) lol

Yeah, its not easy being "old" so young, but it has its perks. Like the fact I can cruise in my brand new Renault Clio which I have to say I love. Do you get those in the States cos' you really should drive one. :) (Renault Plug)

Nice to "meet" ya LT, I wish half the kids in our country had the drive you do, we wouldnt have as many overweight lazy kids.

I had a freind in the military that had a Renault, cant remember the model, it was a great car, just not very reliable.

Back