• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan Modding Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DigitalMonkey

Im not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I looking to paint my AP-15's fan propellers and I need some advice.

I there a tutorial or something I can go to, to learn how to remove the propeller without damaging the whole fan itself?

Do I need to do any type preparing to the fan propeller before I paint?

What type of paint and brand should I use?

Thanks

Hay

I suggest you tape up the parts surrounding the fins. And then just use spray paint to paint it. Normal paint will cause an uneven coating causing your fan to rattle (make a crewd noise) and you dont want that. Spray paint will make it easier and quiker to get that even coat just make sure you dont over do it. Keep you the can moving or else you'll get to much on one part and it will run off. Also you'll need to let it dry for like 5min and then apply another coat.

Use a mild sand-paper to prepare the surface.:salute:

What type of spray paint?

Do I sandpaper the surface before I paint or do I sandpaper imperfection after the first coat?

Thanks for the info. I gonna go head and study that tutorial from overclock.com site and practice on dummy fans.

I have the patience to paint each fan perfectly. So, Im not worried. Plus I have set aside time to sleeve my psu's and other power connectors.

Time is nothing for a hobby. Do it right or unbalance the fans.

^This.

I rushed a pair of 140mm Yate Loons I wanted white and had to buy a pair of NZXT FN because I unbalanced them... Make sure you follow that procedure perfectly.

Also take care with the small white washer thingy. Those things LOVE to fly. And to get lost.

It seems like most people dont have the patience and that's their downfall. That's why you see some many people being upset with their items because they don't have the patience when it comes to modding.

Back