• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fan sensor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ala Almasri

Registered
Hello guy , i have intel i3 cpu fan that i was able to read fan speed rpm , but now i couldn't ! not in windows and not even in bios , it give me zero value , i am not sure if this problem caused by the sensor on the board or the fan itself , there are 3 places to connect my CPU fan on the motherboard all of them same result zero rpm , this should mean its the fan itself ya ?

my second question is that when CPU degree heat up the fan was able to spin faster with higher CPU temperature , so since i am not able to read the rpm any more , do you think this advantage still works ?

Most likely a bad connection. Check to make sure the pin inside the connector hasn't become bent.

you mean the connector on the fan itself right ? , it look great and i admit that i was playing with the fan allot before this problem happen take the fan out and plug it again many times , then this problem comes , i don't care about reading rpm any more . but i care about my second question on my first post !

Back