• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan Switch

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pigpottomus

Hey all, Was just wondering if there are any sort of DIY guides/advice/help for fan switches? So you could turn the fan off or on. I have 2 switches, the one's that are on Power Supplies and a Flip switch(i think).

Thanks!

If both fan wires are black, do the black one.

Actually, be best if you posted a pic. You could be talking about a 3 pin with RPM control or a 4 pin PWM.

No matter which one the ground (usually black) just needs a switch.

A switch can usually deal with many amps. 10 maybe. So 20 fans is okay on one switch.

Voltage x watts = amps.

Ohms law. First day of electrical class.

Ah, ok, thanks for letting me know on that part. Got sick from school when class started on that topic.

Okay............... Sorry you got sick on the first day and had to drop the course. ;)

The courses are usually a few months long.

Many college courses or on line basics electricity/electronics courses are out there.

Okay............... Sorry you got sick on the first day and had to drop the course. ;)

The courses are usually a few months long.

Many college courses or on line basics electricity/electronics courses are out there.

Thanks for letting me know! :D

Back