• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FIC AD11 Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

castle lager fan

I got a FIC AD11 mobo. It works fine and stable, but here are my problems. ANy ideas would help as I have tried some time now to get things sorted.

1) The FSB gives me 133 then 138, 140 , etc settings. Everthing is rock solid at 133, but if I go to 138 my system gives me problems with MadOnion 3DMark and some other stuff sometimes. Is this just the limitation of the board?

2) I can only get benchmarks of less than 2000 with Madonion 3DMark2001. Which is way out of spec for running at 1.53 and a GF2Pro. I have the nvidia 12.00 drivers, w2k sp2, but I can only get the 5.13 AGP miniport AMD drivers hat came with the mobo to work. I downloaded the 5.23 from AMD, but it only comes as a exe which self install (or should I say self destructs). I dont know where to get the DLL and INF files so I can just update. Any ideas? I think this might help my score. Please see complete spec below.

3) My CPU runs fine at 1.53 and even with a voltage of 1.93 it never goes to more than 38C (MBM so it might not be the most accurate), but my cooling is pretty good. See spec below. Yet if I go to 12x133 to break 1.6 Prime 95 gives me an error, thats the only program with a problem. Is it beacuase my multiplier is to high. I cant get my FSB high enough to get anything other.

I flashed the lates BIOS for MOBO ABA42 on and the AGP card 30 Jan 01 BIOS (Leadtek). This did not seem to help. ANy ideas would be good. I can always dump the FIC get the Epox EP8K7A with Corsair PC2400 CAS 2 mem, but have to win the Ca lottery ($125M) first ;-)

Back