• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fighting for air

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deadphishy

i have a new Tt smart fan II placed on a ax-7 to cool my stock xp2100. the thing is that i have four case fans to infront of my hard drives in the front of my case, and one top blow hole and a rear fan. the problem lies in that the two front fans have no way of getting air from the out side there are no holes in the front of my case(and i want to keep it that way). so i have two + psu fan blowing air out and no realy. but my case temps are still around 25deg. but my one rear fan is placed right next to my heatsink and they both are fighting over the same air. i've noticed since i cut out the metal mesh that was holding back the airflow my that fan my heatsink fan droped 300rpm and when i place my hand over the rear fan it my heatsink fan speeds ups. what should i do i don't want a rear intake. should i turn the rear fan around and duct my hot psu air away from it, but i think that would decrease airflow at the bottom of the case.
thanx
Ryan

Your case and cpu temps are good so you should leave things as they are.You could hook up the fan at 7 volts,reducing its cfm in half.

Last edited:
if u think it is a problem then take out the rear fan. u said the front fans don't get any air, so u prob have negitive case pressure.

no but it's not really a problem any more i broke the Tt smart fan II luckly Tt said they would send me a replacement. i guess i'm happy didn't really relize how effective my current air flow in my case was untill i really felt around inside. wich is how i broke the fan. anyone looken to get Tt smart fan just to let you know thier not finger cutters took a shoot at full speed didn't even hurt, well i felt like **** for braking my new 20$ fan but that all. i'll leave it the way it is but thanks for all your help.

Back