• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Final build, can you look over it for me?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's pretty sick if you're actually building it, but if I were going to be spending that kind of dough, I would probably buy it boutique built in order to get professional results. Amateur building can be dangerous, especially around several thousand dollars worth of equipment.

That's pretty sick if you're actually building it, but if I were going to be spending that kind of dough, I would probably buy it boutique built in order to get professional results. Amateur building can be dangerous, especially around several thousand dollars worth of equipment.

Yeah I'm going to get professional help with it. I don't trust my pc knowledge in the least lol.

Yeah I'm going to get professional help with it. I don't trust my pc knowledge in the least lol.

That's a very impressive build that you have going there. I am surprised that you aren't going with liquid cooling considering everything else that you have in it.

That's a very impressive build that you have going there. I am surprised that you aren't going with liquid cooling considering everything else that you have in it.

Man, I would have no idea how to go about liquid cooling.

Really?

I guess the pro doesn't know either? Haha its not that hard except I have never done it. I think I have an idea on how to.

He probably would, but I think I'm going to stick with what I have now. I have plenty of airflow, I don't think this thing is going to overheat on me. I am not going to do any hardcore OC'ing, probably just the CPU.

That looks like an absolutely ridiculous system set up. Why not 8gb of ram though to match the ridiculousness of it? I do use the word ridiculous in a good way :)

why are you going to run vista 64 bit??
you arent putting in more than 4 gigs of memory, and while most apps should work with 64 bit, do expect alot of issues and compatibility issues as opposed to 32 bit vista.

not sure i would run raid 5. i understand backing up your data, but why seperate it all then??

if your going to do raid 5, do it all or nothing. OS and all data, otherwise just do raid 0. or get rid of the 300 gig drives and pick up another 750 gig drive and do a raid 1+0. that way you end up with more space, and everything is still protected. or if you are looking for high performace, pick up some 10k rpm drives and a real raid controller card instead of using the onboard one.

otherwise it looks like a good build. to expensive for my tastes now adays, but if i was to drop that much cash, i would prolyl splurg a littl emore and do water cooling.. assuming you have enough room in your case.

Back