• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Final Build! :D Pics when I get home to put it together.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Haturee

Okay so, I know I posted recently for suggestion and ideas on my build, and here is the end conclusion of it.

Mobo: Asus x99 rampage V edition 10 (Yes I know its way more than needed, but half of the strixs reviews are bad and money is not an issue.)
CPU: Intel i7 6850k (After research and suggestions I've decided this is the best for me, maybe not what I need, but I want the option to go above and beyond)
GPU: Asus Gtx 1080 Strix OC Edition (Only 1 for now as I'm anticipating the soon release of the 1080Ti in the not so distant future.
Ram: 32Gb G. Skillz TridentZ 3200 DDR4 (after suggestions I am only going to run 16GB)
PSU: NZXT HALE90 850w Power Supply (Subject to change, but I haven't heard and gripes about it so far)
Cooler:Corsair H100i Extreme v2 (This is temporary as I'm going to eventually buy the Aquaduct 720XT m5)
Case: NZXT Phantom; Red (Also subject to change but I haven't really found a new case that I like a ton better than this)
Sto: Samsung 950 m.2 512Gb, Ssamsung 850 evo 1Tb SSD, 2x 4Tb Externals. (m.2 for OS and misc, 1tb for games, externals for BS storage)
Mon. Acer Predator x34 or z35 (haven't really decided fully on this yet, But going to run 1 for a while, Until I decide to run 3)

I know a ton of this seems ridiculous, and it is, but money isn't an issue and I just want something super high end to play with, eventually going to try to get into streaming
and editing and what not. I'd also like to start competitive benchmarking and stuff in the near future once I learn more about it. I appreciate all the suggestion and help that has
been givin! And again, if there are any suggestions, or things I may have over looked, Please let me know!

I hope it goes smoothly, I heard there are occasionally issues installing an OS directly to an M.2 and I'm really hoping it doesn't happen to
me just because of how excited I am to put it together. Been deployed for ages, now just a few short weeks till I go home and this is
one of the things I am looking forward to most.

Fun looking build, and thank you for your service. Hope you get out of it exactly what you want!

Overkill indeed. Awesome indeed. If you still want awesome and save a bit of money, get a lesser mobo. Unless your benchmarking sub ambient cooled benchmarking, there isn't a point for a 600 board. You would be buying features you never ever touch. The motherboard doesn't really play a huge role these days on ambient overclocking.

For the psu, grab an evga supernova g2 75p/850w. It's the best tier 1 bang for your buck psu. I'm sure the next will be fine, but why put a plastic hood ornament on a rolls toyce. ;)

The wltwo threads are a bit confusing... same build should really be in one thread. Oh well. :)

I knew it was a bit over kill, and I was recommended to go lower, but I have the extra cash and said what the hell.
I do apologize for the double thread. :(
And I am super stoked to give this 950 a run :D

I was looking at the PSU, and I'm defenitly going to change to it,
I'll just through the nzxt into the other, once I find a case for it :p

Next question, should I upgrade to the 100w since it isn't much more and
since I also plan on running two GPUs out of this (probably 1080Ti s once they release)

Hey Haturee............
a lil' overkill? Sure, why not?
If'n you want it and can afford it no reason not to go whole hog :thup:

As to the typo above(I'm assuming you meant 1000W)....I run a 1200W Turbo-Cool. :cool:

I figured having more and not need it is the better option when it comes to PSU so I'm
considering the upgrade to a 1000w, maybe 1200w, Depends on how I feel when I go to check out lol

Also another question, I seen a case I really liked, the LianLi glass cube one, it looks super sweet, but
it only fits atx and smaller. Is there a case anyone knows of that is like this but fits E-ATX?

I'm to the point now where I'm throwing 2 separate PCs together, 1 going all out and one kinda robbing
parts from the other as it gets upgraded, as seen in my Sig!

I'd go with a 750W or 850W EVGA G2 and call it a day. The Hale90 is solid, but a bit older design for sure.

For the monitors, if you're planning to run three down the road, I suggest buying something with a smaller bezel.
Dell makes a ton of great monitors with almost non-existent bezels.

Yea, I just compared it as well, Fits in there nice and snug :)
It's still just an option though, I do like my Phantom, but I know
there are better cases out there. So we shall see.
At least I have all the Hardware Locked in now :D

I still like my fractal design cases. I have two full tower and one mid-tower. They are heavy as they are steel but they are roomy, two of mine came with sound deadening and they have lots of ventalation. They will not win any beauty pagents but I preffer the clean look with no lights so...

I believe in function over form so the fact that I can fit every gadget in a case with lots of room to work is a big draw for me. Just my $.02. :)

I have seen lots of nice looking fractal cases as well. Been in and out of forums,
online shops, and youtube videos looking for the past couple days. I wish I could see
them all first hand though. I have taken a liking to the shorter cube like boxes lately
I like the fact that they have plenty of hiding space in the back half, which opens up
tons of room for it to be pretty on the Hardware half. The Lian Li glass cube and the
corsair air series have really stuck out with me lately. I haven't seen an open layout rig
that I have liked all too much though. Yet!

Back