• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Find out the Max Case Temperature and Max Power draw of your CPU.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
AMD64 TCaseMax - v1.14
----------------------

CPU Information (CPU #1):
Standard CPUID: Family: F, Model: 7, Stepping: 1
Extended CPUID: Family: F, Model: 27, Stepping: 1
CPUID String: 20F71
Processor APIC: 0
Processor: AMD Opteron 144 (San Diego)
CPU Speed: 2642.87 (293.65 x 9.0)
Revision: SH8-E4
Platform: Socket 939
Startup VCore: 1.400v
Maximum Case Temperature = 55C
TDP: 38.2 Watts

Written by: Arthur Liberman.
Idea by: Petr Koc.
More info at: http://www.thecoolest.zerobrains.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=83

I guess my value isn't that good?

I only have a K8 booster right now and my Temps are pretty high (About what my winnie does but it could be cause of my bad AC5 applying).

I had it at 2.7 ghz but it was too hot for my liking so i took it back to about 2.67 ghz for now. Seems stable enough. This is all on about 1.45-1.5 volts. IT seems to OC well enough.

AMD64 TCaseMax - v1.14
----------------------

Processor: AMD Opteron 148 (San Diego)
CPU Speed: 3000.75 (300.08 x 10.0)
Maximum Case Temperature = 65C
TDP: 67.6 Watts

AMD64 TCaseMax - v1.14
----------------------

Processor: AMD Opteron 144 (San Diego)
CPU Speed: 2703.00 (300.33 x 9.0)
Maximum Case Temperature = 55C
TDP: 38.2 Watts

Here is my Opty 165.
I'm at 2.6GHz, 1.400V ATM. It does a max of 2.56GHz with stock voltage. Thus far, my results are quite satisfactory. I'm still pushing it up. Tems are 27/38. (Thread in sig for details.)

Any observations regarding possible correlations between my results and the data given below? Is that VCore the startup VCore or the VCore I'm at?

Is the TDP per core? Why is the TCaseMax so low? Looks like I have no headroom on air, right?

tcasemax9xp.png

Last edited:
Well refering back to my original post here with the picture...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/deathman20/TCaseMaxv1.png

Looks like I've still got room in this to OC. I removed the IHS and now able to get it up to 2.7Ghz stable with 1.54V (1.4 * 110%) with the possibility of 1.5125V (1.375 * 110%) stable also testing currently. Also I'm able to boot into windows at 2.8ghz which I was never able to do with just 1.55V, i was using the 1.4 * 110% settings and it worked.

Its pretty confusing.

We know that Venus is the official codename for a 1xx series single core revision E s940 Opteron. Are they the same thing as San Diegos? Yeah pretty much.

We know that s939 Opterons have the same internal code as A64 San Diegos.

However we don't know exactly what the official code name AMD has assigned to s939 Opterons is. There might not even be one.

Does it matter what they're called in the end? Not really. What it all comes down to is they're all the same core. The code name San Diego is more right than Venus but there has been no final word on the matter.

very confusing. All the CPUID programs identify it as a San Diego.
Except CrystalCPUID 4.6.2.285 which identifies it as a Venus. (but is that because it's an Opteron and it doesn't differentiate between 940 and 939?)

But No, it doesn't really matter I have to agree.

AMD64 TCaseMax - v1.14
----------------------

Standard CPUID: Family: F, Model: F, Stepping: 0
Extended CPUID: Family: F, Model: 2F, Stepping: 0
CPUID String: 20FF0
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (Venice)
CPU Speed: 2400.19 (240.02 x 10.0)
Revision: DH8-E3
Maximum Case Temperature = 57C
TDP: 44.1 Watts

soundx98 said:
All the CPUID programs identify it as a San Diego.
Except CrystalCPUID 4.6.2.285 which identifies it as a Venus. (but is that because it's an Opteron and it doesn't differentiate between 940 and 939?)
Yes Crystal is probably just seeing the Opteron name string along with a few other bits of info and making that decision based on what it "knows". CPU-Z v1.31 is calling s939 Opterons Venus' and v1.30 was calling them s940. CPUID programs display information that a human decision is often responsible for. Especially in the case of core codenames since that information isn't explicitly stated within the CPU itself. So since there has been no official word from AMD about this, the program authors are just as confused as we are.

Some of these programs are more "hard coded" than others. I've found that out of all the CPUID apps available TC's GCPUID is the least hard coded so it handles new parts better than the others do.

AMD64 TCaseMax - v1.14
----------------------

Standard CPUID: Family: F, Model: B, Stepping: 1
Extended CPUID: Family: F, Model: 2B, Stepping: 1
CPUID String: 20FB1
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (Manchester)
CPU Speed: 2299.92 (229.99 x 10.0)
Revision: BH9-E4
Startup VCore: 1.350v
Maximum Case Temperature = 67C
TDP: 78.1 Watts

Currently running prime at 2.5ghz with stock vcore, dont think I can go higher without a better heatsink (stock heatsink, temps 56)

Update:

Version 1.15
49C TCaseMax is not used anymore, this means that for any CPU which returns 49C TCM (like the new Dual Core Opterons), the program will report "This CPU does not support TCaseMax feature."
Extended the 'D' Thermal Profile, as some chips using this profile have reported higher TCMs than the highest TCM specified in the profile.

Here's my Venice 3000+ E6 stepping, is it any good?

Still using the stock HSF and currently overclocked to 2.4GHz (using 1.5V as in DFI's BIOS), hitting a wall at 2.5GHz. :bang head

Back