• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

first build, have question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
^^^ Agreed. I tend to simply recommend whats reliable, what performs, what what is value.... Looks do enter into it, but only after those other 3 criteria have been addressed..... The one exception to that rule is my computer case..... I just always wanted a Silverstone.... Lian Li is still on my list of things to own ;)

Great board there... but the question is do you NEED such a board? For most people, that answer is "No". That board while priced handsomely for what it is, is really made for extreme overclocking and Dry Ice/LN2 use. We recommend the Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 as its arguably the best bang for you buck performance board around.

As far as the Sabertooth, I personally havent seen many problems with them that other boards do not have. There will always be memory compatibility issues with SOME sticks at some point. That said, the board is overpriced for what you are actually getting. You are paying for that borderline useless 'armor' and a 5 year warranty. If that you are ok with that, then I would get the sabertooth. BUT for that same price, I would MUCH rather have the Mpower. Again, you do not need a board of that caliber (Mpower) or need to pay too much for what it is (Sabertooth), but if you want one of them, go get it. :thup:

i swear to god though if i end up having to rma this board for any reason i'll hunt you all down
:rofl: That could happen with a $350 board... :p

Last edited:
+1 Bro, if have the time maybe you can read my reply on post 20! Thanks AJ.

well eventually i'll get to the level, yea I might be relatively new to the OC scene, but I know a good amount about this kinda ****, but i'll continue to learn and experience different things... thanks for all the insight.

Back