• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First dip into WC swiftech h20 compact 120 help and advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The rad won't fit if you turn it on it's side? What's the inside width (depth?) at the front fan ...???

It may fit if i i put it sideways, i had thought of that.

My ptoblem is not the actual space available but the space around the hole spacings i am going to take out the bottom piece of metal regardless, i will update on progress

Heres a pic of my setup as it looks now i need to do a little more cable management still but it's fairly clean, initial temps seem good 55c cpu load after 20 mins and Gpu is idle at 35c. i cant further test as the heating is on and my comparisons would not be true.

DSCN0682.jpg

Looking good. Benchmark that sucker. I'm really curious to know how that Apogee Drive block works out for you. I think Swiftech might have hit a home run with it, and that it might become the WC newbie block of choice. So far looks like you have great performance.

How much voltage are you pumping through your CPU?

Looking good. Benchmark that sucker. I'm really curious to know how that Apogee Drive block works out for you. I think Swiftech might have hit a home run with it, and that it might become the WC newbie block of choice. So far looks like you have great performance.

How much voltage are you pumping through your CPU?

1.45v on the vcore any benches you would like to request?

1.45v on the vcore any benches you would like to request?

55c at 1.45v is pretty good at those speeds. That's looking like a nice clean, easy setup with some very good performance.

Some Temp benchmarks would be nice. sepcifically find out what your equiqlibrium piont is and then we could determin your deltas.

I'd say run the machine on Load for 2-4 hours, recording temps, see where you plataue. Then do the same letting it Idle.

Record the Ambient air temp as well. Then we can get a decent idea of what the deltas are for your system.I do belive you are the first to go with the apogee drive, and a dual 120.1 radiaot configuration with a GPU in the loop.

This setup you have here is really starting to look like it might be the best bang for the buck for new comers into water cooling.

We can just guestimate how much heat you are dumping into the loop.

I'm seirously considering getting one of these for my Wife's computer, to give it a try. I love the concept.

I will run orthos over night and i will post up results tmoz, ambient temps are hard to measure atm as i have busted my temps sensor, and there are massive fluctuations in heat atm in my house as the missus insist on using the heating. i would estimate the ambients to have been 28c-30c for the 20 min orthos load reading of 55c and idles were reading 41-42c at the time.

Temps are about 20c now and idles are reading 34c going to load 8 hours through night and i will post pics tomorrow, dropped my oc to 3.6ghz 400x9 for the mo as i need some better cooling for the ram now the airflow has changed in my case i dont feel comfortable atm running PC2 6400 at 2.2v 900=mhz

Yeah, ambient temps are a pain. I hear ya.

Those Idle temps are looking a bit high.

Idle is now at 29c, im telling ye the radiators in my living room get HOT!!! messes my comps temps something stupid. ''dreams of having own computer/gaming room pre kids and missus days lol'' :santa:

Do you have those old hot water radiators? Liek in old buildings?

I was living in an aprtment in Chicago 4 or 5 years ago that had a MASSIVE radiator right near where my computer was. When that thing cranked on, my temps jumped about 10 degrees. Thing is, I didn't have anywhere else to put my Computer.

Do you have those old hot water radiators? Liek in old buildings?

I was living in an aprtment in Chicago 4 or 5 years ago that had a MASSIVE radiator right near where my computer was. When that thing cranked on, my temps jumped about 10 degrees. Thing is, I didn't have anywhere else to put my Computer.

Thats exactly what i have. 1 at each end of the room, the closest being about 3ft away. Just like you i have no other space for the comp :(

Yeah that sucks. Those old radiators put out so much heat it's not even funny. And it's pretty much impossible to control the ambient temps.

Oc1, looking good, thats a nice setup you've got yourself there.

You might want to edit your sig, I'm guessing your CPU is, nor ever was, cooled by a Thermaltake Ultra120 Extreme. As, unless Thermaltake has majorly infringed some copyrights, thats a Thermalright heatsink.

Oc1, looking good, thats a nice setup you've got yourself there.

You might want to edit your sig, I'm guessing your CPU is, nor ever was, cooled by a Thermaltake Ultra120 Extreme. As, unless Thermaltake has majorly infringed some copyrights, thats a Thermalright heatsink.

Thankyou.

Updating sig as we speak, i think it's safe to say the U120E has been retired

Back