• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Gig - Thanks OCFORUMS!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
billiam said:
Everything is up. Pictures will be added sunday. I have a question though, my idle temperature is 37 degrees. Isnt this a little too high for my setup?

What're you maxxing out at on load? And what's your ambient temp?

ambient is about 21-22c. i havent done full load yet. im trying to overclock it irghtnow. set my time to 2.5-8-4-4 and putting 5.75 volts into it. i cant get above 240 with that. i tried 6v at 45 and it doesnt work. any solutions?

P.S. after i overclocked to 3.65, the temperature at idle remained the same.

Edit: I updated the bios, now i can get 3.75 with 1.6 v. If i run a stress program "prime95", will this loosen the cpu, letting me overclock it more?

Last edited:
I've never been much of a believer that running stress programs will increase your O/C. I feel its always a case of its gonnna O/C however much it does and nothing will help it.

About your high idle temps. Do you have a good source of cool air for the radiator ?
Is the block mounted to your CPU tightly ? (if you can move it around with your hand, even a little twist or turng, its probably too loose)
Did you do a good job with the thermal paste ? Not too much, not too little ?

Reviewing those might help sort it out a littler. I've always been of the opinion if its stable, why worry though.

im getting 37c idle, 48c full load. There seem to be a problem. As for mounting, how tightly are you suppose to tighten it? I did it so that theres about 1.5 cm left

I'm glad to know Dan help you out at SNT-systems. I've ordered many stuff from him and he has been a pleasure to deal with. Definitely the best customer service ever.

As for your temps, what matters most is how in comparison it is to your old air cooling solution, as BIOS temps are not the way to go. I find that looking at the change in Load and Idle of water vs. the change in Load and Idle with air is a better comparison. If you want to rely on CPU temps, then you should invest in a temperature probe.

nartac said:
Ordered couple of fittings and adaptors from them 3 weeks ago. Their website says it was shipped on 7/20. Haven't received anything. I then called and they told me they would resend it. That was a week ago. They just lost another customer.

Me too. I ordered some of their blue uv dye for water. It arrived and was mislabled because it was actually green. So i called them up and went throught the process 2 more times. Know I have three bottles of green uv dye that is supposed to be blue. I called them up and told them to just forget about it. They said, " OK " and hung up.

Its ashame that snt-systems is going out of business. Dan was actually the owner, which he told me over the phone. Now i need to find another place to order german parts. Im going to reapply artic silver, because this is just too high of a temp for watercooling. its 38c idle now, 51 full load.

billiam said:
Its ashame that snt-systems is going out of business. Dan was actually the owner, which he told me over the phone. Now i need to find another place to order german parts. Im going to reapply artic silver, because this is just too high of a temp for watercooling. its 38c idle now, 51 full load.

Maybe your waterblock isn't making full contact with the CPU. I have about the same ambient temps, and max at 51 c full load with air cooling (A Thermaltake Venus 12, too). I'd definitely expect better from water cooling.

Ok, i redid everything. Air flow is great, believe i put the right amount of as5. Ambient is 21c, idle is 29c, and waiting what it is at full load now. This sounds a lot better. Lets hope that it will drop down to 27-28 when as5 cures to the cpu.

Great setup!

How do you like the Evo 120 Radiator? I am thinking about going with the Evo 240 for my case. Does the paint scratch/chip easily on it? I remember i had a Black Ice PRo awhile ago that scratched really easily! Also, are the hole threaded by default?

Looking forward to the end result!

Back