• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First WC Mod. DangerDen/Antec900 Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Wow very nice setup, I'm planning on using 900 myself how many HD's can you fit in the case above the RAD?

Thanks

Two. Currently I only have one up there. You will need aftermarket brakckets to mount them in there though. I don't mind taking up the HDD space with a rad because multiple HDD's have never been very important to me. I need just enough space for my OS and programs and that's it. Anything I need to store goes on an external HDD, so I can keep my system disk clean.

Remember, it would be easier to mount the rad to the back of the case. If you don't mind having a rad on the back that is. Then you have room for what ever the heck you want in the drive bay area. I think swiftec makes a good rear rad mount.

Last edited:
Just figured I'd post this for others...I got one of those Enzotech SB heatsinks and can say that the fan is definitely not loud. It may be high-pitched but not in an annoying way and it does easily get drowned out by all but a <800RPM 120mm fan and even then buried in a case it shouldn't be noticable. *To add to this, the fan does seem slighlty cheap or flimsy but I guess that's the nature of a small slim fan, it does have ball bearings from the Adda spec sheet I found though. Overall I can definitely recommend this as an active SB cooling solution although active may not be necessary in general.

Last edited:
I had a PM about how I secured the Rad into the drive bay area. Here's a Pic:

img0584fu0.jpg

I used four 1.25" 6/32 screws with latex thread protectors to secure the back of the rad. The Screws are mounted into the long slide holes that come pre-drilled into the drive bay wall. The screws themselves are held in place by a lock washer and nut. I basically push the screws forward in the slide holes until the push fans at the front of the rad sit flush against the front plates, then I tighten the screws which fixes the rad assembly in place from the rear. It's not moving anywhere. The pull fan frames kind of bite into the latex thread protectors on the screws, assuring that there is no lateral movement. There is a small ledge at the bottom front of the case, which the bottom push fan and shoud rest on and that is what supports the entire assembly vertically about 1" off the floor of the case.

Last edited:
Well, I officially reached stable 3.83GHz @ 1.5v(1.48v Reported) tonight with a 9x425FSB.

IDLE

idle38ghz425x9ambient25aw9.png

LOAD

load38ghz425x9ambient25xp3.png

These were the quick snaps I took b4 priming, just to get the quick record in case of crash. I'll post another load pic, once I've primed for an hour or so and the loop has had a chance to heat up.

And the quick benches:

3dmark06superpiaz7.png

Who says 680i's can't clock quads?????

Last edited:
Well, I think I've taken this chip as far as it'll go on this board. After the new bench is put together, we'll see if it can go higher. For now, my focus has been on undervolting. My lowest stable VCore at 3.0GHz is 1.2000v(1.1760v Reported) Not bad at all. Gotta love the low 40's/high 30's load temps. WC is so nice.

30ghz333mhzfsb12000vloafy0.png

Nice setup in a 900!

Where are your HDs though? Since you filled the HD cages with the 240rad I cant see where you put the HDs?? I dont see them on any of the pics. Obviously I am missing them but where are they?

Nice setup in a 900!

Where are your HDs though? Since you filled the HD cages with the 240rad I cant see where you put the HDs?? I dont see them on any of the pics. Obviously I am missing them but where are they?

I found it in post #2. It's just under the fillport. There seems to be only one though

You can fit two in there on internal mounting brackets, but I only need one for this machine. I I have an external on esata that stores all my junk.

Verry nice build. And I dont think I can ever go back to air. Ok whens the next wc setup?:beer:
Oh ya I posted some more pics of the push pull-shroud pics if ya havent seen them yet.

Cheers, I'll go have a look Chevy.

The next setup will be this month. Just picked up a nice CoolMax 1350W from Oklahoma Wolf on the Classifieds, Another Q6600 from Hardass, A 780i from Mavok, two 150GB Raptors from tweaker and a 2x2GB set of GSkill 7-7-7-18 DDR3-1600(for my new x48) off ebay. It's all goin in a DangerDen Torture Rack. I'm a gonna try Crossfire for a change. We'll see how that goes. The store down the roads has a good deal on a couple of 4870s.
To start, just the CPU will get the water. Then after the sting from the initial buy wears off, the cards will go on the second loop. I figure, why not? There's provision for two Rads built into that bench, might as well go for it.

Back