• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Time Overclocker - AMD FX6300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So the options i had for Vcore Line Calibration was... Auto, Normal, Extreme, Medium, Low, and Standard... I went with Normal? Does that sound right?

Here is the memory screen shots... First 2 are A Channel... Second 2 are B Channel
1.PNG 2.PNG 3.PNG 4.PNG

1. You're welcome for the help, I learned a lot from this forum and believe in passing what I've learned on. I enjoy this hobby and also helping people that want to learn.

So the options i had for Vcore Line Calibration was... Auto, Normal, Extreme, Medium, Low, and Standard... I went with Normal? Does that sound right?

Here is the memory screen shots... First 2 are A Channel... Second 2 are B Channel
what I would do with the voltage and LLC is this. Set the Cpu Vcore to 1.476 which was the highest that Hwmonitor read under load and with the LLC on Normal run prime again, with HWmonitor open. Post a screen shot of Hwmonitor again so we can see what the voltage did under load, if it droops significantly again or you get an error we'll take it from there.

For the timings on both Channel A and B set them like this.
Capture.PNG

OK hour Prime95 while I went to the gym... No errors... Voltage was 1.47500V and I had VCore Load Calibration at Normal... here are the results. Also set the memory to what you said!

1 Hour 8 Minutes.PNG 5.PNG

Wow still drooping like mad, try the next step up and see what happens. The good thing is that you're not getting any errors with the volts dropping like they are. Meaning you will likely, once we get the vdroop corrected, be able to get stable at less voltage.

Usually one step below maximum LLC is the sweetspot, I would not advise you to use Extreme because it will overvolt and do massive heat at load.

So should i go with Medium or Standard? Only other options besides Normal was Extreme and Low

Also, when I run Prime95 for a longer period... like I probably just ran it for 2 hours, the PC sometimes freezes. Whats causing that?

When it freezes does it lock up and you have to restart?

Try backing down the OC to 4.5 if it still happens it's likely the Cpu Nb v need to be raised.

Backed the frequency down to 4.5 and ran for 3 hours with no problems. Also switched the LLC to "Standard". I believe there is still a voltage drop though.

4.5Ghz 3 Hours Standard CLL.PNG

The only states that don't drop are ultra-high (and even this one depends on the board) and extreme, and you only have extreme. You can try it but like i said be warned for a temperature spike at load.

Backed the frequency down to 4.5 and ran for 3 hours with no problems. Also switched the LLC to "Standard". I believe there is still a voltage drop though.
If that's 3 hour's of Prime blend you're good in my book, I'm assuming you're still at 1866 Mhz on the ram, 11-11-11? I definitely would like to see the Cpu Voltage under control a little more, .06 variance is a bit more then I like.

If that's 3 hour's of Prime blend you're good in my book, I'm assuming you're still at 1866 Mhz on the ram, 11-11-11? I definitely would like to see the Cpu Voltage under control a little more, .06 variance is a bit more then I like.

I was never able to get the RAM to 1866, the PC would attempt to boot around 4 times... then fail to a BIOS message stating that booting had failed.

Try upping the NBcore voltage to 1.25-1.3v and set the ram voltage .05v above it's rating so if it's rated at 1.65v give it 1.7v. See if that helps

Yeah and JEDEC standard dictates that DDR3 must withstand up to 1.8v without incurring any permanent damage.
I did not go check what ram he was using but generalized as you can see by the post. When I said .05v above it's rating. I used 1.65v as an example only and not a template for the OP to follow. That ram should run 1866 9-10-9-27 without too much issue but that Giga board is likely the culprit. seen it before when trying to go above 2200 NB or increasing ram speed they take a lot of voltage for the CPUNB circuit to cooperate.

I was never able to get the RAM to 1866, the PC would attempt to boot around 4 times... then fail to a BIOS message stating that booting had failed.
Sorry I'm trying to help too many people, I thought you were using 1866 sticks.

Yeah and JEDEC standard dictates that DDR3 must withstand up to 1.8v without incurring any permanent damage.

"must" "should" "if" if you know what i mean, just because you can doesn't mean you should in meh boards as you pointed out. Also if hes running 1600mhz there's no point to raising HTLink freq and CPU/NB freq above 2200mhz unless this is another set of ram with dodgy settings like the Fury or am i over thinking this ?

Last edited:
Yeah and That ram should run 1866 9-10-9-27 without too much issue but that Giga board is likely the culprit. seen it before when trying to go above 2200 NB or increasing ram speed they take a lot of voltage for the CPUNB circuit to cooperate.
Agreed!

"must" "should" "if" if you know what i mean, just because you can doesn't mean you should in meh boards as you pointed out. Also if hes running 1600mhz there's no point to raising HTLink freq and CPU/NB freq above 2200mhz unless this is another set of ram with dodgy settings like the Fury or am i over thinking this ?
In most cases raising the Nb Freq for an every day system will help speed things up a lil. The difference, unless measured in some way, would most likely be unnoticeable. Though, if one is benchmarking, doing long hours upon end of rendering or computations, there could be a dramatic difference.

Back