• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Time Under Water

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ProgramGuy

Hi Guys,

Fired my system up for the first time under water... with no leaks after ~48 Hrs. I wanted to get right to the over clocking, however, being new to this, I let ASUS make all the changes and only set to "sync all cores" and 48 as a multiplier. I have the ASUS Z97-A motherboard with an Intel 4790K processor and 32 Gigs of 2400 memory. Here is a snapshot of AIDA64 after 1 hour and no crashes.

Asus_Z97A_AIDA64_1ST.jpg

Last edited:
I would suggest you go in and back that overclock out and do it manually. Pushing over 1.4 volts at your cores for an extended period of time will not be healthy.

Around 1.4V is the limit for that generation of CPU. I would not hesitate to run it daily at ~1.415V or so with those temps. I would absolutely do it on manual.

You may be able to get away with less voltage going manual. Also, it isn't rocket science, overclocking :). For 4.8 GHz, you just need to set XMP profile to get your ram up to speed, reboot, raise mutliplier to your 48x, and set vcore to 1.4v and try to work your way down. Simple.

Back