• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First WC Build (TJ07 Worklog)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Next it was time to install the replacements for the case fans. I picked the Silverstone blue LED 120's for the top fans, since they would match the 5.25 -> 3.5 bay fan lights:

fan_01.jpg

Here they are installed:

fan_02.jpg

Next I installed the 92mm back fans:

fan_03.jpg

fan_04.jpg

well, its over $2000 on the gfx cards and monitors, about $400 on the mobo, $300 on the cpu, $250 on the psu, probably about $400 on the ram, $400 total for the 6tb of storage, bout $700 on the ssd...so, whatever that works out to

plus the WC stuff, whose pricing i can't do off the top of my head like that (i'm not sure whether to be disappointed in myself for being able to do that off the top of my head or disappointed in myself for not being able to do the rest...)

edit: $350 for the case and $1500 for the NAS

damn thats pretty awesome

I like that I didn't have to help, he's just posting everything he already did, no questions, no researching (on my part at least :D :D :D)...i don't even have to think for this worklog, just sit back and enjoy!

Ok now MORE really good parts! It was time to install everything on the motherboard. Here are more parts:

mobo_01.jpg

mobo_02.jpg

mobo_03.jpg

Next, I needed to make one small mod to the motherboard tray:

mobo_4.jpg

Here it is with the RAM, CPU and CPU block installed:

mobo_05.jpg

A few close-ups:

mobo_06.jpg

mobo_07.jpg

mobo_08.jpg

Last, but not least, I installed the video cards:

mobo_09.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, we are getting down to the last part of the build. I installed the mobo tray into the case and routed/connected the tubing for a leak test. The first time I had a leak from a loose fitting on one of the radiators. The second time there were no leaks. All that was left was to hook up all the power. Here is the result:

fiinshed_01.jpg

Here is a close-up:

finished_02.jpg

This is a great side-view. The Koolance GPU blocks come with blue LEDS that plug into the GPU fan power header!

finished_03.jpg

Here is the front view. I love all the matching lights! The reservoir comes with a blue LED! And the fan controller has a blue LED option as well!

finished_04.jpg

Top view of the fans (blue LED of course!):

finished_05.jpg

Finally I got to hook up the 30 inch monitor, hell yeah!

finished_06.jpg

Last edited:
Well, the proof is in the pudding, here are the temperatures for my build:

temps_cpu.jpg

temps_gpu.jpg

I achieved my goals with this build! The system is extremely quiet. It has the graphics card power I want to play games. I have lots of cooling head-room to either overclock the CPU and GPUs, or I can turn the fans down for an even quieter computing experience!

I would love to hear what you think of my first build.

SWTOR

Last edited:
... that is your first build!? are you kidding me thats awesome! out standing work!

what do you have your processor clocked to?

Yeah, this is my first build. I did a *lot* of research before I started down this path. Right now my entire rig is not overclocked at all. So stock timings/voltages on everything. I plan on doing some over-clocking and report back.

I want to forget how much I spent on this rig, hehe. Some of the more expensive parts were:

$700 Sata III SSD
$1000 2 x GTX 480's
$1100 NAS (Drobo FS + 6Tb storage)
$1600 Dell 3008WFP 30 inch (2560 x 1600) monitor

The Koolance parts were pretty expensive as well, but I think they look awesome and they perform well.

I am already planning my next build, hehe. But I am really going to take my time (6 months at least). I am gonna mod the hell out of my next TJ07!

SWTOR

Great Job!!! :thup: But i will have my TJ07 this coming week and then the war is on :salute: LOL Very nice build :drool:

Hehe...I am pretty much convinced that "putting a build together" is the adult equivalent of "building a fort" when you were 12 years old. Over half the fun was in the actual building of the fort. After it was built, you played in it for a while with your friends...then you got bored...tore it down and built a new and better fort...rinse/repeat...

I am gonna play in my fort for a while....

SWTOR

Hehe...I am pretty much convinced that "putting a build together" is the adult equivalent of "building a fort" when you were 12 years old. Over half the fun was in the actual building of the fort. After it was built, you played in it for a while with your friends...then you got bored...tore it down and built a new and better fort...rinse/repeat...

I am gonna play in my fort for a while....

SWTOR

Hehe know the feeling, im now looking for a new case to rebuild my computer.
I like the case you have, with the radiators below.
Gotta do some more thinking/planing first.

Back