• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First WC. You know the drill.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you want 7/16"ID, 5/8"OD UV tubes, try here (XSPC product page, jab-tech website) or primochill. You must note that under UV light, it turns orange. At least that's how I interpret "Red / UV Reactive Orange".

I'm glad your first choice is 7/16"ID as it routes slightly better than 1/2"ID and is slightly cheaper too. Plus, it barely affects flow rate. :D

Edit- What about overpriced shrouds with red leds?

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/fetfcxtrash11.html
http://www.tilatech.com/tfcxt12rashd2.html

Last edited:
I did originally want 7/16, however the feser uv red didn't come in that size. Unfortunately the XSPC looks orange even not under UV.

Besides, while 7/16" ID may be better (easier), I like the looks of 1/2" better, so I'm not complaining.

It looks red to me. I don't know. 7/16" vs 1/2"... small matter actually. :D

http://www.xspc.biz/rainbow.jpg

rainbow.jpg

It just doesn't look as red as the Feser.

Well, my paycheck came and i'm not ready to buy yet!! :temper: Just kidding, the money's not in the account yet. :D

Anyway, an update on the list...

CPU WB: Swiftech Apogee GTZ Extreme - $61.95

Rad: Swiftech MCR-320-QP - $48.95

Pump: Swiftech MCP 355 - $63.95

Top: XSPC Laing DDC Top - $16.95

Res: Swiftech MCRES-Micro Rev 2 - $24.50
It seems that I don't want a bay reservoir. Is there some other way I can monitor the level from without? Also, I just got a nice bonus, so ignoring money are one of the EK reservoirs better (maybe the EK Waterblocks EK-Multioption RES 250 rev.2)? I think they look nicer.

Fillport: Danger Den Fillport - Delrin - $11.95
Will I be able to use the compression fittings with this?

Barbs: 10 x Dangerden Silver Compression Fitting - 1/2" to 3/4" - $6.95 x 10 = $69.50

Tubing: 10 x Feser Tube Active UV Hose - 1/2" ID -3/4" OD - UV Red - $2.75 x 10 = $27.50

Additive: Petra'sTech PT_Nuke -PHN Concentrated Biocide (10mL) - $2.50

Fans: Still awaiting response from Alex. But assuming it works out: 4 x 120mm Yate Loon D12SL-12 Red LED Case Fan - Clear (38.5 CFM, 25.4 dBA) - $23.96

Current Total: $351.71 + shipping

How's it look? Answers to the questions would be nice. :beer:

Well, looks like your almost done.
Fillport: Danger Den Fillport - Delrin - $11.95
Will I be able to use the compression fittings with this?
Nope. If you look at the end it's a barbed end, for use with a clamp. No need for it unless you want a piece of hose to from the top of a res to a hole in the top of your case.

The 250MM res, make sure you got room, it's pretty long. And once the loop is bled etc after a few days you only need to check the water once a month, if that. I haven't added water in 4 months.

you don't even need to use a clamp with the barb anyways, you don't fill up that high in the line anyways and the tubing isn't gonna come off unless you yank on it.

Also with the Haf and the microres, the res fits perfectly above the rear 140 fan, with a barb on top I'm not so sure of tho, although if you drop it down to a 120 fan back there it should fit and you can see it thru the window.

What I meant for the fillport, can I unscrew the barb it comes with and screw in the compression fitting. If not I guess I should buy a worm drive? (http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/brmihocl7int1.html - right size?)

I want the fillport to go from the hole on top of my case to a tube to the res.

In my HAF932 I have room for ANYTHING. :D (I did check to make sure though.)

EDIT: saxile posted as I was typing. So I wouldn't have a problem with it falling off even if I move the case around/flip it over? Having the res over there would cause all kinds of routing problems. Besides, I like the EK better. ;)

What I meant for the fillport, can I unscrew the barb it comes with and screw in the compression fitting. If not I guess I should buy a worm drive? (http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/brmihocl7int1.html - right size?)

I want the fillport to go from the hole on top of my case to a tube to the res.

In my HAF932 I have room for ANYTHING. :D (I did check to make sure though.)

EDIT: saxile posted as I was typing. So I wouldn't have a problem with it falling off even if I move the case around/flip it over? Having the res over there would cause all kinds of routing problems. Besides, I like the EK better. ;)

You can unscrew the barb from the dangerden fillport and screw in a compression fitting.. I've never tried it but I don't see any problems with doing it.. The fillport has standard G1/4 threads.

You can unscrew the barb from the dangerden fillport and screw in a compression fitting.. I've never tried it but I don't see any problems with doing it.. The fillport has standard G1/4 threads.

they change it jab? One I have doesn't unscrew, and I'm 100% sure it's DD, unless the seller shipped the wrong one by mistake

Hey, we have a Jab-Tech guy? Do you officially work for them? If so, you wouldn't happen to know if/when the EK-Multioption RES 250 rev.2 is going to be in stock?

Also, ARE you sure the fillports unscrew and use G1/4 threading?

they change it jab? One I have doesn't unscrew, and I'm 100% sure it's DD, unless the seller shipped the wrong one by mistake

My Danger Den fill port has a removable barb with G1/4 threads, & you should be able to put a compression fitting on it with no problems.

My Danger Den fill port has a removable barb with G1/4 threads, & you should be able to put a compression fitting on it with no problems.

mine too has a removable G1/4 thread. i have removed it as well. you can actually screw one in the top and bottom if you really wanted to.

don't know why you would want to waste a compression fitting on a fill port though.

Compression fittings for fillport? Why not? I like uniformity (even if you can't see it). ;)

Another question for Jabtek (or anyone else who knows the answer). I have reason to believe the 120mm red LED fans at Jab-Tech may be Yate Loons. Can someone please confirm if this is correct or not?

Compression fittings for fillport? Why not? I like uniformity (even if you can't see it). ;)

Another question for Jabtek (or anyone else who knows the answer). I have reason to believe the 120mm red LED fans at Jab-Tech may be Yate Loons. Can someone please confirm if this is correct or not?

We only have blue led yates, I can confirm that and that I do kinda work at jab-tech.. EK products, I do not know when we will be getting more stock, they aren't ordered either (long story).

They have always unscrewed, they haven't changed since we started carrying them back in July 2005.

Odd, must not be a dangerden fill port then, ah well, not that it really matters, fill port is a fill port, all that matters is I can stick a funnel in it lol

Baz, looks like everyone has pretty much filled you in on your choices. Like Conumdrum, I don't need the bling of compression fittings and use metal barbs and hose clamps. But there is nothing wrong with compression fittings and they do clean up the look a bit.

As far as the res goes, if you don't mind paying the price, Mountain Mods makes a 3 bay res that is well built, but kind of pricey. You also need the Circular triple bay mount with it to mount in your bays too, which makes it a bit on the pricey side. I am using that in my U2-UFO. Besides the fillport on the front, it also is drilled and threaded in 3 places on the back side, with 2 fatboys installed and a plug in the third hole. It is standard G 1/4 thread, so you can put your compression fittings on it too. One thing I found about it though; with my Iwaki beast in the loop I have so much turbulence in the res that I had to move the return barb to the middle hole to keep the splashing down. I was getting so much splashing in the res that it was actually entraining air in the loop, but moving the return barb to the middle position cured that. I wish they had put a baffle plate inside it like I saw on a custom bay res that Thorlian had done, but it still works real well. And with this res you don't need to worry about adding a fillport at the top of your case, since it's built into the front of the res.

I see you decided to go with 1/2 X 3/4 tubing. If you had decided to go with the thin wall 7/16 stuff I was going to warn you that it doesn't do well on the suction side of the pump and collapses with a stong pump. I replaced the 7/16 R3400 in my main rig from the res to the pump with some 1/2 silver Tygon because of that happening. You could also use those external wrap things that Swiftech and others sell but it would detract from the looks of your tubing a bit. But since you are going 1/2" you won't have that problem.

Thanks for the replies ya'll!

I'm very unsure about getting that MM res as it would mean I have no open 5.25" bays. Do you think I can get a pic of it in action mudd? (BTW, price comes out cheaper than the EK res with fillport and not much more than the Swiftech.)

Petra's said it's going to be another 3 to 4 weeks before they get the Yate Loon red LED fans back in stock. So, I'm going to first get black ones and maybe later get the red.

3 lows should be fine, right?

EDIT: Is there any biocide I can get from Jab-Tech which is as good as the Petra's stuff? It would end up costing $10.30 for the PT-Nuke including shipping.

Last edited:
Back