• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Folder Permission

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Berne

Hi,

I have a backup folder that I regularly have backed up by my online backup company. Can I secure that folder so only I and the backup company can access it?

Regards,

Berne

W7PRO

You could revoke permissions for that folder, but anyone with administrator access to the share/system would be able to override that.

A long time ago, there used to be software which would password-protect individual folders.
The downside was when you needed to scan disk, it would have no access to it as I remember.

I backup my stuff onto an external drive that I connected to a ON/OFF switch power extension cord. So I have to press the button to turn on power, to enable access. It's physically impossible for anyone to get to it, other than in the brief period of my backing up files to it.

Hi,

As Im the sole administrator, what steps do I take to secure and revoke all access to thirdparties.....? Also how do I ensure that Im the only administrator , and if others are listed as having access as admins how do I delete them?

Berne

Back