• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

For Anyone Interested- Barton 2.2Ghz VS 3700+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
UndyingClocker said:
Your comparing ur non mobile barton to a A64. We are talking big Oc's on our mobiles.

But your opinion is based on what??? You only owning a Barton?

Like i said earlier it also depends heavily on your video card. If you have a **** one like yourself, lol :eek: you wouldn't notice much difference, because the GPU is the bottleneck, but with a high end card, you do notice.

The argument for XP's is only relevant if your a cheap ****. And most enthusiats aren't. :)

Pretty lame this has developed into a Athlon XP fanboy thread.

easy, easy
do need flaming like that!
with on die memory controler, A64 will win @ same clock speed!
but guys whose using AXP mobile try to get price/performance ratio,
especially whose using NF2 mobi, got very good possible nice upgrade with Mobile chip,

so A64 own @top performance, but mobile still hold his ground for most ppl using AMD (price/performance ratio)
both chip got their own advantage :D

peace

UndyingClocker said:
Your comparing ur non mobile barton to a A64. We are talking big Oc's on our mobiles.
2.5ghz is NOT a big OC... Anyway, a Barton is a Barton. There is no difference between a mobile Barton and a normal Barton aside from the fact the mobiles generally have a higher quality core (and they're unlocked now, but for many members who have older CPU's, it's not an issue), which allows them to OC better than most, but not all, Bartons.

BTW, I would NEVER build a new AXP system at this point in time with the A64's so cheap. Heck, the last AXP system I would have considered building instead of an AXP system would have been 6 months ago.

And for the record, I'm 15 without a job and don't have rich parents, yet I have the sig system, a 1 year old laptop, and I had another high-end Athlon, but I sold it (still waiting to be paid...).

Ive got me A64 to 2580mhz so far and rising, id like to see a AXP compete with that.

My 2600 mobile is @ 2662 and I'm scoring 12,904 in 3DMark03 with a BFG6800GT. I love this chip. I'm outscoring a lot of A64's with that score. Although, If I was ready to build I would go A64, this time.

It is pretty much pointless to bring 3dmark03 scores in a CPU debate. Thanks for posting the original benches of the comparing chips, and anyone that disagrees, should get their brain checked. Yes the BARTONS are a good line of chips, i agree, and they are getting cheaper. Put a little more money into a system and you got yourself a better performing chip, better overclocking chip, generally speaking, wont need the massive speed on the memory so you can go cheaper there, but also have something that can last with future os releases.

I had a barton too, as I am sure many of us had, and we may not have been the best overclockers with em. But we arent talkin about prices here, as i am often pushin my bills as best as i can, so i can get that extra little bit of performance. Hell i have 3 heat sinks non stock for my a64 sittin around here, 2 mobos, and only 1 chip. i am not really worried about money when it comes to something that i will invest so much time into.

Let the XP's become a dying breed, or for those that dont need the latest technology, and just want a good system for most things as of yet, let em get the bartons. Show some respect for the company you are trying to stand by, and actually see that the new chips ARE better. More efficient, less power consumprion, less heat generated.

Back