• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fried Card?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WonderingSoul

Team 32 Folding Member
I just rebuilt my system and replumbled my liquid in a new Lian Li PC65B case.

Now when I am finally ready to boot up, nothing. All I get are beeps and no display. I yanked out everything but one stick of ram, CPU and my video card. I tried different ram sticks on the slots and it's booting now without any beeps but I still have no display?!

Is my video card fried?!

Is your vid card in your primary display PCI-E slot? If not then it will not display. Try switching it to you other slot. On most boards it is the bottom PCI-E slot. But try the other just to be safe. Did you do something to hurt your card? If not it is probably not dead. This is assuming it is the system in your sig.

Immortal_Hero said:
Is your vid card in your primary display PCI-E slot? If not then it will not display. Try switching it to you other slot. On most boards it is the bottom PCI-E slot. But try the other just to be safe. Did you do something to hurt your card? If not it is probably not dead. This is assuming it is the system in your sig.

I don't know what it is. It could possibly be a static shock to the card. But I don't know. I will have a tough time moving the card since it's "locked" in a loop from the liquid cooling set up I have now.

Immortal_Hero said:
One of the many reasons I no longer water cool...

I just want to cry. ARG. :bang head

EDIT: WTF, now I get one long beep and two short?

You might try your BIOS reset jumper first or pulling the system battery for 10 to 15 minutes. Maybe it just needs reset. Check all your power connection.

Immortal_Hero said:
You might try your BIOS reset jumper first or pulling the system battery for 10 to 15 minutes. Maybe it just needs reset. Check all your power connection.

Cleared the CMOS already once, I will do it again. But isn't 1 long beep something to do with a CPU?

Is your side pannel metal?

EDIT:
WonderingSoul said:
Cleared the CMOS already once, I will do it again. But isn't 1 long beep something to do with a CPU?
reseat! the CPU is overheating

Slap your side pannel(NOT TOO HARD) to remove all static charge from the computer, then come back here.

Its highly unlikley that your fried your card with water if its beeping.

Immortal_Hero said:
Pull the bat... it may not be getting far enough to clear the cmos.

Yeah I pulled the Bat when I cleared it the first time. Is it ok to boot without a BAT?

Yea your settings just won't save in BIOS... It takes at least 10 minutes for it to clear by pulling the bat. You might want to wait like an hour just to be safe. Pull the card out of its slot, power up, you should get some beeps, power down, insert card and try again. I would think you can get the card out of its slot.

Immortal_Hero said:
Yea your settings just won't save in BIOS... It takes at least 10 minutes for it to clear by pulling the bat. You might want to wait like an hour just to be safe. Pull the card out of its slot, power up, you should get some beeps, power down, insert card and try again. I would think you can get the card out of its slot.

Yeah I can get the card out. If I get the same beeps with the card out as the card, I guess that means I fried my card somehow through a static or something...

Well no, you will get beeps with no card. If you receive the same beeps w/o the card that means your card is fine and something else is up like the CPU or RAM. Well it could still be the card... Do the same process with the CPU and RAM... Remove, boot, reinstall, boot...

Immortal_Hero said:
Well no, you will get beeps with no card. If you receive the same beeps w/o the card that means your card is fine and something else is up like the CPU or RAM. Well it could still be the card... Do the same process with the CPU and RAM... Remove, boot, reinstall, boot...

Good idea!

Also strip everything off the board and try powering up... When you are doing all of this make sure no IDE/SATA devices are connected.... get it posting then worry about windows.

Well I just pulled out the old fan/heatsink to plug in the fan to make sure that the card was even getting juice. I turn it on and the fan spins up so I have power to the card. Now I need to find out what the long-short-short beeps are.

EDIT: I double checked my mobo manual and I was told the WRONG DIMM SLOT to put the ram in! I changed them and no longer have beeps. So I rebooted now with the video card OUT and and I get no beeps. I boot with the card IN and no beeps. WTF?

STILL no display

Last edited:
Back