• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fried Card?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Immortal_Hero said:
What slot is the gfx card in top or bottom?

Top slot. Just like it has always been in.

But with the card out, I get no beeps? What the heck is that?

Well it may have always been in the top slot but the default in bios for the primary card is the bottom slot on ASUS and most other boards. You will need to put your card in the bottom slot, boot into BIOS change your primary to the top slot ie PCIE2 and shut down and move the card to the bottom slot. -OR- get another PCI-E card, put it in the bottom slot, go into BIOS make the switch, shutdown, remove extra card and reboot. When you reset your BIOS it switched back to default.

Immortal_Hero said:
Well it may have always been in the top slot but the default in bios for the primary card is the bottom slot on ASUS and most other boards. You will need to put your card in the bottom slot, boot into BIOS change your primary to the top slot ie PCIE2 and shut down and move the card to the bottom slot. -OR- get another PCI-E card, put it in the bottom slot, go into BIOS make the switch, shutdown, remove extra card and reboot. When you reset your BIOS it switched back to default.

on the A8N-SLI Deluxe it's the top because it has the "SLI Selector" chip or whatever on the mobo. I just got off the phone with eVGA and they said the only thing to do is to check the card in another mobo. Which I can't do. I guess the only thing to do is RMA...

Just got home from the UPS store. 3day ground back to eVGA... Lets hope they don't notice the volt mod, I cleaned up really well though :p

WonderingSoul said:
Just got home from the UPS store. 3day ground back to eVGA... Lets hope they don't notice the volt mod, I cleaned up really well though :p

I thought voltmods void the warranty?

dan

WonderingSoul said:
Good thing there is no way to tie me to an individual card :clap:

I don't think you get the message.... you V-modded it, thus voiding the warranty.... so you shouldn't be sending it because you screwed it up.

dan

Well in doing this it shows a lack of strong ethics. However frustrating it is to lose a key component, don't try to **** companies out if you have a chance of blame landing on you. But whatever, I aint no eVGA cop, so hopefully it works with no conscience issues.

If it was caused to an overvolt, they will know. They dont just take the card and send you a new one... they will know if it was volt modded.

I doubt they do very compete testing on cards that are RMAed. It isn't worth their time. While it is not very moral to send back the card if they take it that is their fault...

Dan0512 said:
I don't think you get the message.... you V-modded it, thus voiding the warranty.... so you shouldn't be sending it because you screwed it up.

dan

CrackerD|ce said:
Well in doing this it shows a lack of strong ethics. However frustrating it is to lose a key component, don't try to **** companies out if you have a chance of blame landing on you. But whatever, I aint no eVGA cop, so hopefully it works with no conscience issues.

Like I said earlier, the fried card was not from overvolting it. It was probably static shocked when handling it to put it into my new case. If it was fried from the overvolt then how could I fry it when it was sitting on my table not running ?.?

WonderingSoul said:
Like I said earlier, the fried card was not from overvolting it. It was probably static shocked when handling it to put it into my new case. If it was fried from the overvolt then how could I fry it when it was sitting on my table not running ?.?

I don't know, but ive never statically damaged any of my hardware, and my video card id out almost every day, normally I sit it on my lap.

nvidiaOCmaster said:
I don't know, but ive never statically damaged any of my hardware, and my video card id out almost every day, normally I sit it on my lap.

Neither have I, but then again there are some dirty fingers around my house so for all I know someone else could have done it :(

edit: It was shipped yesterday. Replacement should be here wedsnesday, they mustn't really check that hard o_O

Last edited:
Back