• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Frigen my pc....need some advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
sheesh I betta get some spare parts assembled quick if you all are betting on me :D

just get alot fo dialectric grease and cover the whole thing in it, i mena dialectric grease keeps the air of of the tiny spaces between evaproator and cpu why not work with entire mobo, just basically submerge your mobo in dialectric grease (kind of messy but c'est la vie)

four4875 is right, there is no way the mobo can get colder than the interior of the fridge w/out opening the door, also the ice that will form on the evaporator is the moisture being drawn out of the air by the frozen coils.

I am running a case with water powered AC in it and my water is colder than the case, but still no condensation cause it dries the air on the way in and never reaches the dewpoint.

heres a link. :rolleyes:
http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17500

Um... It should work fine as long as he doesn't turn off his board. Metal conducts cold (heat) rather well. If he turns it off, it has a better chance of getting condensation. I'd have it as an 'always on' computer.

Have been moving into my new house! WOOT!...and also gata take drivers ed....but soon I will have that pos e-machine at my grasps WOOHOOO!

My first post! :D

Anywoo, I'm considering buying a mini fridge to stick my computer inside of. The computer's never off, so I don't think condensation will be a problem. (It's never been shut down for more time than is required to add more RAM since last summer) Of course, I'd still use silicon and baking soda.

What I'm worried about is the fridge itself. How well would it work, and how long would it last? Are there any ways to extend its life?

CamH said:
My first post! :D

Anywoo, I'm considering buying a mini fridge to stick my computer inside of. The computer's never off, so I don't think condensation will be a problem. (It's never been shut down for more time than is required to add more RAM since last summer) Of course, I'd still use silicon and baking soda.

What I'm worried about is the fridge itself. How well would it work, and how long would it last? Are there any ways to extend its life?

Well one thign is for sure make sure you have SOME type of even a passive heatsink on the cpu.

The fridge should last for quite a while

btw....

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

xX~EXCELSIOR~Xx said:

Well one thign is for sure make sure you have SOME type of even a passive heatsink on the cpu.

The fridge should last for quite a while

btw....
WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

I'd certainly keep my CPU heatsink and fan. They're both oversized, but I forgot what they are (other than loud). For some reason, it still hangs around 60C, which I think is way too much. I'm gonna lap it later today, but I don't think that will do the trick as well as I would like, and I've got the money for a mini fridge.

Thanks. I think I'll be hanging around these forums. Seems like a nice place.

CamH said:

I'd certainly keep my CPU heatsink and fan. They're both oversized, but I forgot what they are (other than loud). For some reason, it still hangs around 60C, which I think is way too much. I'm gonna lap it later today, but I don't think that will do the trick as well as I would like, and I've got the money for a mini fridge.

Thanks. I think I'll be hanging around these forums. Seems like a nice place.
[/QUOTE

Mhmm

The fan wouldnt be tooo neccessary since the fridge has air circulating.. but it sure couldnt hurt :)

http://www.oc-ware.com/reviews/607031.php

I suggest taht lapping kit that i just did a review of... its a really good kit that is cheap and it goes up to grits of 2000 ins andpaper and a 10000 grit compound.

there amay be more to your higher temps. what board do youh ave? It might be reading it wrong. You do use thermal paste correct? did you use too much? Starta new thread and tell us all about your rig and such and we will try to help you get that 60 degrees down :)

Laters,

Excelsior

A fan wouldn't be needed? Excellent! That thing's loud. ;)

Gonna run off and make another thread, as you suggested. :p

CamH said:
A fan wouldn't be needed? Excellent! That thing's loud. ;)

Gonna run off and make another thread, as you suggested. :p

A fan might help but i am thinking that a passively cooled one might be all right. But then again using a fan actually probably will bring temperatures down quiiiiiite a bit...

But hey you really dont have to deal with noise! fridges are insulated ! :)

I've got a little over a hundred dollars set to the side now. I'm on the hunt for a good mini fridge! :D

Mini freezer, eh? There's a huge, town-wide garage sale a few miles away. Maybe I should stop by...

Back