• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Frigen my pc....need some advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There's some condensation in the back of the fridge, but I guess that's to be expected unless I could find some way to get all of the water out of the air inside the fridge. :D

I had to regulate humidity in a growing experiment once and a cheap and easy way to use this stuff from any garden supply store called vermiculite or perlite. just put a tray in the bottom of the fridge and voila humidity drops. Ibeleive the tool to measure is called a hygrometer you might want to stick one in the fride and cut a plexi window so you can watch it.

mycotopian said:
I had to regulate humidity in a growing experiment once and a cheap and easy way to use this stuff from any garden supply store called vermiculite or perlite. just put a tray in the bottom of the fridge and voila humidity drops. Ibeleive the tool to measure is called a hygrometer you might want to stick one in the fride and cut a plexi window so you can watch it.

Great info! Thanks. :) I'll be sure to try that stuff to see if it helps.

SpaceRangerJoe said:
man, this thread just wont die!!

hehe.

I have the same feeling! :D

I actually had to take the computer out of the fridge, though. :( The fridge just couldn't handle the extra heat output of my new 9800, and could no longer keep it cool. Hopefully, I'll do a water chiller when I move, and use the fridge as the case.

Water chiller + fridge = Awesome temps! :cool:

Yes what you need is frost-free model! What thy have in them is a heater in outer wall witch comes on a timer witch dry all the moisture off the wall and then condenses on the evaporator! Then the evaporator is turn off or heated then water goes down a tube no mousture:) of corse you will nead to do a mod on it to turn it off after you get all mousture out :)

So long as the door is sealed tight and you dont keep opening the door, you ont get condensation (but it needs to be airtight (like where the wires go in) Theres no reason why condensation should form, I mean all your doing is changing the ambient temperature. I mean it diesnt occur when your MOBO is in normal room temp, so no reason (unless warm air leaks in) why you should have any condensation problems

Well, water is let even when you open the door to just put the computer in. That's why there was only a little bit of ice on the back and not a whole load of it - it could only freeze the water that was there. Water is in the air.

Planus said:
So long as the door is sealed tight and you dont keep opening the door, you ont get condensation (but it needs to be airtight (like where the wires go in) Theres no reason why condensation should form, I mean all your doing is changing the ambient temperature. I mean it diesnt occur when your MOBO is in normal room temp, so no reason (unless warm air leaks in) why you should have any condensation problems
I agree you should put insolated glass window in it to see run:)

CamH said:
Well, water is let even when you open the door to just put the computer in. That's why there was only a little bit of ice on the back and not a whole load of it - it could only freeze the water that was there. Water is in the air.
You want the fridge hot and no humidity when you put the mother board in it and then seal it

Yes, put a double glazed window on the fridge :) but seriously, it needs to be air tight or your asking for trouble.

Back